Latest Ebay find (Model 3A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Ebay find (Model 3A)

About a month ago I picked up a champagne pink 3A off of Ebay for the pricey sum of $286. Well to make a long story short, the guitar had been sitting in a closet since '87. The owner had received it as a graduation present, didn't like it (prefered Strats).The truss rod cover still has the plastic on and the tuning keys look new. The only knock is that the frets and some of the hardware has some oxidation. So it's at the luthiers been cleaned and set up.

Re: Latest Ebay find (Model 3A)

[ QUOTE ]
    About a month ago I picked up a champagne pink 3A off of Ebay for the pricey sum of $286. Well to make a long story short, the guitar had been sitting in a closet since '87. The owner had received it as a graduation present, didn't like it (prefered Strats).The truss rod cover still has the plastic on and the tuning keys look new. The only knock is that the frets and some of the hardware has some oxidation. So it's at the luthiers been cleaned and set up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Killer score!

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I love 3A's! I think I've had about 3 of them - all white!

Comment

The only thing scratched up was the Charvel "Gun case". There's nothing wrong with the way it is now, but I already replaced the J 80's with DiMarzio's. And probably replace the JT-6 with a Floyd.

Comment

watcha gonna do with those J-80s? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Keep J-80's for now. That way if I decided to sell the guitar later on, I can return it to stock.

Comment

Not J-90's? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Hmmm...I've only had J-90's in the 3A's I've had.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Not J-90's? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Hmmm...I've only had J-90's in the 3A's I've had.

[/ QUOTE ] No, they're both the J-80C model. Jackson is stamped on the baseplate, with a "Model 3A" on top and "J-80C" sticker under the Jackson logo.

Comment

Working...
                X