• Show
Clear All

• What's a Charvel CSM-1G

Any comments about it?

Is it a newer model?
    Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Re: What\'s a Charvel CSM-1G

Never heard of it. There's a Charvel CS-10, but I've never heard of a CSM1-G. Do you have pictures?
    Occupy JCF

Comment

It was an ebay auction.....ended today for only $105.

Only one pic and not a good one at that!

Claimed to be a CSM-1G

Then again, maybe that's all it was worth.

Comment

The guy may as well as taken a picture of his dick, it would have done just as good. Well, maybe wait a couple of weeks and contact the buyer and ask for more pics. If you remind me I'll do it.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky

Thanks, but I refrained from buying so no sweat.
          Very cool of you to offer.

I need to learn how to play before I go off buying more guitars!!

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

If you would still remind me, I'd like to log this information. I'm keeping a database of Jackson/Charvel models (soon to be made public, but please don't ask when) and the anomolies that come up I want to document.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

OK cool!

let me do it then.....I've got it saved in my EBAY list.
              I'll email him/her, ask for some pics, and invite them to the forum as well.

Dont worry....I wont ask you WHEN. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, that looks just like a CX series. Ive got a 391 and that headstock looks the same. Is that a guitar shaped logo on that? Mines got the small toothpase logo. Too bad I didnt see this end as Im only 15 minutes away from that seller.

Comment

You can see the headstock?? That's one of the reasons that I'd want more pics.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah its kinda blurry but I think its the same shape as the cx and it looks like a guitar logo.

Comment

I found one of these today.

Single ply pickbuard, H-S-H Jackson logo'd pickups, One Vol, 1 Tone. Strat pickguard with Gotoh tuners (charvel dust covers) and more square edges than a traditional strat.

That's the same headstonck on it.

No 'made in' markings and I didn't catch the serial #. I think it was '08XXX'
                      Equipped with a Vintage Trem.

Was marked less than $150 in a pawnshop.

I am pretty sure it was an import, but the charvel/gotoh tuners threw me off.

Anyone else know about these? My son may be looking for an inexpensive first guitar and he wants a strat in red/black ala Brad Gillis. This looks better than a squire, but it's maroon/black (close enough).
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Not sure how the tuners would have thrown you off, they're on the majority of the import models.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

I guess I haven't seen many charvel imports other than the Charvette, I thought it had stamped chinese tuners.

Most of the imports I've looked at were Jacksons with Jackson dustcaps.

I was surprised to see name brand tuners on a <$150 import, seemed like a sign it 'might' be at least a mid-range guitar.
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Some of the lower line import Charvels have Kluson-like tuners.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

If you like it, for that price, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X