X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mhmm... 1984? Big brother's guitar here

This is a 750 right...?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...325531196&rd=1
    Multiply by 1.85 to get the Dollar cost...

Re: Mhmm... 1984? Big brother\'s guitar here

Wow!

Do those toothpaste logo (made in Japan) Charvel's really comand those kind of prices over there?

That is more or less the price they command in US dollars here.

Comment

Yep. It's definitely overpriced, I just wanted confirmation...
      Keep in mind that I got a decent price on my model 4 and it was 250 pounds ... (1988 one). Usually we pay in pounds what you'd pay in dollar. But still this 750 seems exaggerated.

Comment

Nice guitar. Lot of money though. It comes out to about $2150 on Aus Ebay, mad given the recent spate of 750s turning up over here for $6-800. I would've thought guitars were cheaper in the UK than in Aus. You guys are just a hop and a skip from the States, aren't you? Row your boat to NY for the weekend? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

here's the auction converted to US$ for those interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7325531196
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Damn that's a lot of money for a $750. But, if someone offered me $1600, I would probably sell one of mine.

Comment

If someone offered me $1600 I'd sell one of yours too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Damn that's a lot of money for a $750.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">You were just compelled to put a dollar sign in front of that weren't you..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Whoops. Apparently a higher force had taken over my hands while I was typing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

1,700 dollars... holy crapoly! You can have a brand new SL1 or 2 in the right places in the US for that price right?
                  Here in the UK a second hand SL2 would be like... at least 1,000 pounds [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    1,700 dollars... holy crapoly! You can have a brand new SL1 or 2 in the right places in the US for that price right?
                    Here in the UK a second hand SL2 would be like... at least 1,000 pounds [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the right places??? For 1.7k you´ll have dealers running around practically throwing Soloists at you that you can afford [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I wish I lived in the US now... Stories like this make me want to cry. I paid 250 pounds for my model 4 and it's an ok price for one over here... That's close to 500 dollars, which would have gotten me a model 6 of the same state in the US.
                      By the way Zerb I don't know if you noticed but I'm Pierre on the SD forums.

Comment

I traded 2 guitars for my 750XL it was a string thru but someone added a kahler floyd copy the steeler I believe which is an excellent copy but I wish they had left it string thru as these are more rare,I traded an import Jackson warrior I paid $250 for and a B.C.Rich Ironbird I paid $250 for which comes to about $500 plus the shipping on one of the guitars since the other guy paid the return shipping,IMO a good deal to me Its now my favorie axe,I also own a blue model 2 ,a white model 4 (gutted with an emg81 in the bridge and the rest of the holes wide open ,I plan on adding a pickguard,I also own a model 5FX in excellent condition,and I'm paying on a black journeyman.Charvel f'n rule.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          If someone offered me $1600 I'd sell one of yours too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, that's way over priced, even over here: I figure £500 (approx $950 US) or so maximum.

I've contacted the guy about this a few days or so ago to tell him it's not a USA and was not built in 1984. He asked me how I knew and for more info, so I gave him a summary history of Charvel (SD, model series, toothpaste logo) and pointed him towards the JCF.

He hasn't updated the listing so I figure he's a flake.....still, no-one's biting, so it's his problem!
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                            X