Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable

I am still in a little bit of shock. I started a thread several months ago about realistic guitar collections. In it I mentioned how I would like to replace my old Red 1986 Charvel Model 2 that I foolishly traded away almost 20 years ago.

Today on my way home from the dentist office, I decided to pop into this little pawn shop. I stop by there about once a month looking for Charvels. once in a blue moon they may have a Mexican strat, mostly they have Squiers and Johnson strat knock offs.

As I walked in the door I immediately locked onto a Charvel headstock buried in a sea of Squiers. To my surprise it is a RED 1986 model 2. Upon closer inspection I notice that the jack plate is bent into body from being dropped along with an inch long scratch. My old Model 2 took a spill at band practice and had the same damage. I had to get it.

I talked them down to $150. Got it home and started to really go over it. I dug out some picks of my old Model 2. On one of the picks I had written down the serial number, it matched. I had bought back my original 1986 Charvel Model 2.

It is still in good shape. A few scratches here and there, the cover has been removed from the J90C. It is missing the bar, the fine tuners and lock down screws. Someone drilled a hole and installed a foglamp switch that wasn't wired to anything. I plan on ordering the repair kit from Kahler for the missing pieces. This time I am keeping it. Pics to follow later.

Re: Unbelievable

Awesome!
    Kahler are just too effin cool!

Comment

Awesome story! Glad to hear you found it after all that time! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

that's a great story, o muddy one. Congrats!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

<font color="aqua">wow! There have been a lot of these stories happening lately, congrats to you- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [song playing in background: "Reunited, and it feels so good!"]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]</font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

congrats on getting it back [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

awesome story !

Comment

COngrats, Bro....Reunions are a great thing... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

If you want, I´m pretty sure I have a J90 Cover lying around that I dón´t need, I can send it over if I find it. PM me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Great story, same thing happened to me recently with my old blue Model 5. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Here are the pics as promised. Zerb thanks for the offer but I'm probably going to replace the J90C. I still can't believe it my old guitar.

This is from 86/87?

Today

Comment

That is a killer story. Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That is just too cool. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, when you think about it, it really is a small world.
                        Good deals with:
                        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

After 20 years it's yours again, GREAT story [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] What a story. Now if my 83' Gibson Les Paul showed up in a pawn shop. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Congrats man!! I let my son borrow one similar to yours, hes taken the damn thing apart and started sanding the finish off!! He lives with my ex so I didnt know what was going on. He has my Ibanez RG I bought back in 88.............better got get that huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X