unknown charvel.......need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown charvel.......need help

Hey guys, need a little help here.......

I went to a few pawn shops today and came across a jackson and a charvel. I pretty much think I identified the jackson but the charvel was throwing me off. The headstock just didn't look right to me (probably cause this is the first time i've seen this style headstock). Also, it was missing the charvel back plate (it had a plate but it was a plain jane). Anyhoo.....needless to say I didn't grab it cause not sure about it. I get home tonight to try to find a model like it but the jcf doesn't have any pics of it. I go to ebay and low and behold, someone is selling a guitar with the exact same headstock as the one I saw today (the one at the pawn shop is white body, white pickgaurd, and HSS charvel pickups). Below you'll find a picture of the guitar on ebay. Can anyone tell me about this model and is it a legit charvel. If so, the guitar is only 80 bucks and i'll grab it for sure. Any help would be appreciated........

Re: unknown charvel.......need help

I remember those, I forgot the model name, but $80 seems like a steal.

Comment

Re: known charvel.......need help

ST Custom with after market pickups.

$80 sounds like a good deal.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

$80 is a good deal...if you can get over that head-stock. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Yeah, the headstock will take getting used to. I think i'll go grab it, needs a little work but hell, 80 bucks is good enough for me. Along with the jackson pro v i just won on ebay, my collection is on its way

Thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, ya know, I looked at my comment after the fact and realized it kinda came across shitty. I didn't mean to sound offensive, that's just my least favorite Charvel head-stock. However, for $80, you really can't go wrong. If you wanted to down the road, you could probably find a strat-head neck for it.
            Good deals with:
            Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Hey, no offense taking man. I'm not a huge fan of the headstock either. I bought the guitar and the headstock is aight i guess but the rest of the guitar is awesome. Gave it a complete cleaning and looks killer. Gonna have to replace the neck plate (put my old ibanez one on there for the time being [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and the bridge is kinda funky. I set up the guitar with low action but the heightening screws are too long and quite annoying when the palm is anywhere near the bridge (when i got the guitar, the action was freakin high, TOO high for me). Should be a cheap solution to fix though. I've also thought about swapping out the neck. But I must step away from the temptation for awhile, 2 guitars in one day, tapped me out and Everyone knows that look that the wife/girlfriend gives ya when......well.......needless to say, I aint sleeping on no couch

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

You can never have enough guitars especially at the price you got that one at.

Comment

Working...
                X