Some thoughts on model 1s...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some thoughts on model 1s...?

I have a model 4 at the moment and I'd really like something similar but without the Floyd... I'm thinking of getting a model 1 and totally modify it... Graphtech nut, locking tuner, maybe wilkinson bridge... Is it worth it? I know those guitars have a great quality but would I be better off messing around with a Squier for instance [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ? The thing is, I'd really like to get some guitar tech experience and do it all myself, but I'd be pissed if I fucked it up. In a way getting a guitar I want to keep would make me more enclined to be serious about it and not mess it up. Furthermore model 1s have a 100% rating on the mojo scale for me.

Re: Some thoughts on model 1s...?

If you want to gain tech experience, get the cheapest thing you can find. When you get good at it, then modify the higher end stuff.

As far as modifying the Model 1 being worth it; only if you intend to keep it. You will not get your money back by selling it. If yuo intend to keep the thing as a player, then I'm all about modifying something the way you want it.

Comment

I'd definitely keep it. I have no reasons to sell a guitar whose neck I find perfect (well... if the profile is the same as my model 4's)
      The thing about the model 1 is that it costs the same as the lower end models, while in fact being more like 'the lower end of the higher end' [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd get the model 1 AND some piece of shit hondo. Practice and experiment on the hondo, and then take on the model 1. No point in potentially fucking one up.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

In the UK, even piece of shits are more expensive than in the US haha... it'd be hard to find any guitar worth less than 100$'s equivalent in pound.

Comment

Naaaah.

A beat-up Stagg or a Squier would run you that expensive. I'm in Europe as well, btw.

Comment

A friend of mine has a low end Warlock that we'll work on together, and hoppefully I'll be able to afford a model 1 for my birthday with the family [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Looks like it'll be a fun summer.
              Only problem: How to convince my parents that 6 months IS enough of guitar to get a second one haha... damn...

Comment

Simple, put them down in the couch, plug in in front of them and blow them awya with a perfect rendition of Arpeggio's From Hell. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I said to my parents, guitars are like hygiene products. The first guitar I had was soap, and the one I was going to get was shampoo. I could use the soap on my hair instead of the shampoo, but it just wouldn't feel right, ye know?

Combine that with a shitload of nagging and you got yoruself an axe.

Comment

Working...
                  X