Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me about the pickups on a 650xl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can anyone tell me about the pickups on a 650x

The stock pick-ups in the 650xls with the pre-amp sounded a bit dull to me. I yanked out all mine and have emgs in everything. Just depends on what you want and your ear. Some duncans or emgs would be a great improvement

Comment

dont flame me, but I want that George Lynch sound from the 80's from like "dream warrior" and "alone again"

I know he has the demon, but I have one and I dont think its quite powerful enough, I want more of a DDistortion meets the Demon sound...
      The reason I ask all this, is I have no experience with EMG's. I dont know what to expect. I dont want to spend the money on them, and them sound like ass. I know I like the duncan distortion, but I want to keep the "covered look of this guitar...
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Perhaps try to look around here for an old J90C. It was Jackson's highest output pickup, with a ceramic magnet. From what I've heard, it sounds like a cross between a Distortion and a Custom. Perhaps, think Distortion with the smaller ceramic magnet from a Custom. Plus a lot of them are covered so it'll keep the look you want.

Comment

that will still keep the electronics right?

It doesnt matter if the fucker wont send me the damn guitar...

instock inventory

Comment

You can keep the stock active electronics with any passive pickup, Jackson, Duncan, DiMarzio, etc. If you get EMG's, you'll have to yank the midboost.

Comment

I just got the thing via UPS. So I am fiddling with it right now, but I only have a little Peavy 15watt practice amp in my office... so I really cant see what she'll do...

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
              X