Model 6 (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 (pic)

Here is my recently acquired Model 6 in white. This is by far the cleanest Model 6 I have seen - looks as if it spent it's life in the case under the bed. It still had the extra bushings for the trem bar sealed in bag in the case. Plays like a dream.

Re: Model 6 (pic)

Very nice.... That is a clean one. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice....I have an '86 Red Mod 6, an '87 Blue Mod 6. It would be nice to Americanize my guitar collection by adding an '86 " White " Mod 6. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

That is nice though! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

The red is nice - it really shows off the binding and the sharkies.

Comment

VERY nice!
          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

<font color="aqua">beautiful Model 6 there, congrats on a great find- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

white is becoming my favourite solid colour recently, and this is no exeption on that preference, it looks amazing!

Harrald

Comment

Super clean find!

Such nearly mint examples of a 20 year old guitar are becoming very hard to find. Good for you!

I for one love my Model 6 above all other guitars that I have ever owned. And there has been nearly 30!

It just feels so smooth and plays so effortlessly....

Comment

Very nice ! I too have a thing for white guitars.. having just sold my white fusion I'll have to replace it with something else white [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a white model 6 about 10 years ago - it wasn't as nice as this one, and I've always regretted trading it in (I think I traded it towards an original 76 Explorer, which I still have.) I've been looking for a nice one ever since, but every one I found was not as clean as I wanted. I just wish that the Charvel white didn't turn so yellow...

Comment

Hey Ninja - what PUP do you have in the bridge position? Comments?

Comment

VERY clean M6, great score [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

My model 6 is also going nowhere, ther are USAs going out the door first... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bridge Pup on mine is a J-90C, 2x J-200 singles... Box stock except for the paint, but the paint was also on it when I acquired it was sold to me as "new" (the post may still be somewhere from 2 years ago).... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar, bro. Paint looks sweet!I had a singlehum USA Soloist from the mid-80's that I sold to get some cash to buy my house (that's a story for another post - stay tuned). IMHO, the Model 6's that I had/have played as well or even better, at less than half the $$.

Comment

All my guitars have Full Shreds at the bridge. Neck thru's tend to sound to "bassy or woody" sometimes and the Full Shred solves that I find.

The Model 6 in question has that pickup wired straight to the volume pot. The three way switches as well as the two single coils are not connected.

I suppose i would have wired them up when I bought the guitar but since it did not come with the stock mid-boost, I elected not to as those Jackson stacked "single coils' do not sound to hot without the active boost even though they are passive pickups.

As for the individual switches, I am not fan of those either so I left them unused. The JT-6 (yuck!) was instantly replaced with an OFR. I am sort of okay with the old style locking nut that came with the guitar but I do hear some intonation problems on the low strings that a real Floyd nut should solve.

Mind you I play with GHS 11-50's so the nuts grooves are probably to small for such thick strings.

Overall, this is by far my best guitar and is never

Comment

Very sweet Model 6 you've got there. My 650xl is by far my #1 player. And since everyone else is posting pics of theirs, I might as well post another pic of mine, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X