6 and 4 Owners,, Input Needed.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 and 4 Owners,, Input Needed.....

I suppose anything that is built by human hands is subject to variation...maybe it was the new guy's first day on the job...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I suppose anything that is built by human hands is subject to variation...maybe it was the new guy's first day on the job...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then that new guy had a LOT of first days over a span of at least a year, more likely 2.... literally EVERY Model 4 or 6 I´ve had go through my hands has had Vol-Boost-Tone, and that´s not just 2 or 3.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

That´s why this whole thing even started [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow - I didn't realize the issue was that widely spread. Maybe it was a running production change, and only one variety passed through your hands on your guitars. Depending on how many you have had, that could be unlikeley though.

Comment

I can almost hear the sudden discussion around the lunch table at the factory:

Guy1: "Did you hear? Some idiot has been wiring his Charvels for vol-boost-tone!"
          Guy2: "Yeah! I wonder who that may be? Everybody knows it's vol-tone-boost!"
          Guy3: *sweats*

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Wow - I didn't realize the issue was that widely spread. Maybe it was a running production change, and only one variety passed through your hands on your guitars. Depending on how many you have had, that could be unlikeley though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I´d say between one and 2 dozen have passed through my hands in some way... The only ones I´ve never actually touched were the ´86 6s with Kahler.....

Either way, it´s wierd.... I´m probably special in some way or some other BS like that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I can almost hear the sudden discussion around the lunch table at the factory:

Guy1: "Did you hear? Some idiot has been wiring his Charvels for vol-boost-tone!"
              Guy2: "Yeah! I wonder who that may be? Everybody knows it's vol-tone-boost!"
              Guy3: *sweats*

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you're too funny bane..... </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

#3 on the ones I've had

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Either way, it´s wierd.... I´m probably special in some way or some other BS like that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Yes, you're special. That's weird, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a Mod6 that I bought new and it's #3.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I have a Mod6 that I bought new and it's #3.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">excellent, thanks for the info- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

Comment

Middle position for me.
                        Edit: you guys got me worried... by the sound it seems like it's the niddle position but is there a way to make sure of it...?

Comment

<font color="aqua">which pot is the capacitor soldered to, the middle pot or the 3rd position pot? </font>
                          Dave ->

Comment

HOLY MERDE! To the middle pot! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my world shall never be the same [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                            It looks like it was the midbooster that I rarely use and not the tone control hahahaha...
                            Damn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] by the noise it REALLY did sound like the middle was the midboost.

Comment

Working...
                            X