Anyone know much about this Charvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know much about this Charvette

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.but i got a charvette guitar a few years ago. but i have no info on it at all it looks like the one in this pic cept its black
    http://www.guitarcrazy.com.au/images...ette_splat.jpg

anyonw know if this is worth anymoney or anythin?
    also whats the body on the wood like. i want to sand it down and make it natural finish.

Re: Anyone know much about this Charvette

Be very careful - the Charvettes used to have plywood bodies! I can't say for sure if _all_ of them had it (I'm no expert), but do investigate it before you start taking the finish off. Usually a peek inside the control cavity should give you the answer. A plywood body wouldn't look very cool "au naturel".

I have no idea what model Charvette that might be though.

Comment

Yep,that one's a plywood body, would look bad in a natural finish. The Models 170 and 270 actually had basswood bodies, 24 frets and a decent licensed Floyd, and are pretty nice guitars somewhat comparable to a bolt-on Model series Charvel in quality. Yours I'd leave as is or paint a solid color though - or sell it and get a Model 2 or 4 in the color you like.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The guitar is a Charvette Model 200, it is made in Korea. The body wood is listed as Alder, but as was mentioned by Sunbane it could be a laminant body. (plywood) Also as Sunbane mentioned, check in the tremolo or control cavity and you'll be able to tell. There will be visible evidence of the alternating grains from the plywood, if it is in fact plywood.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

i was under the impresion that charvettes were made in india???
          yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            i was under the impresion that charvettes were made in india???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to burst your bubble.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
            X