My 375 is driving me nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 375 is driving me nuts!

Back around September, I bought a silver 375 Deluxe and immediately had the bridge pickup replaced with a Duncan JB. When I picked it up, the tech mentioned that he had some problems with the pickup ring, but eventually got it squared away.

Well, maybe not. The pickup keeps coming loose and settling down into the cavity, where it eventually grounds out. Since the turnaround time at the other shop is so long and I've been gigging a lot, I've been taking it to another shop. They thought they had it stuck in tight twice, and it keeps coming loose. They think this guitar needs an exorcist.

Any ideas?

Re: My 375 is driving me nuts!

Bigger screws perhaps would help?

Comment

I was thinking about that. But then wouldn't the screws be too big for the assembly they're screwing into?

I think I'll have to pop it open for a look when I get home.

Comment

Longer screws or a shorter spring.

Comment

Loc-tite the sucker in place. =)

Comment

Sounds like the threaded, i'd try a bigger screw

Comment

Just send it to me....it can keep mine company, and won't be driving you nuts LOL [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Get some new rings from the good old budman,He'll solve all your pickup ring problems.

Comment

I don't think the pickup ring is the issue. As was mentioned before, it sounds like the screws are a smidge too small.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Thicker screws for the pickup, or maybe the correct screws for the pickup?

You can also find a nut that will fit the screws you have and solder them to the feet of the pickup and run the screws through those, but IMO that's a PITA.

Or is the pickup screw falling through the holes in the pickup ring? I've seen pickup screw heads that were too small for the ring, and would be easy to push all the way through the hole.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Guys, I went and bought some longer, stiffer springs and it solved the problem. That SOB ain't going anywhere.

guitarsjb, if you have a Model 2 you'd like to trade for my 375, maybe we can work something out!

Comment

LOL atilla, sorry, no Model 2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Glad you got the problem fixed though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          LOL atilla, sorry, no Model 2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Glad you got the problem fixed though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well...it never hurts to ask. And thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Perhaps off topic, but give us a pic of you guitar, 375´s rules! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

rocksoldier, I aim to please. Besides, no guitarist with any hair on his sack can resist a chance to show off his guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X