Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3a pickguards?

Do regular strat pickguards fit 3As?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Model 3a pickguards?

i don't own a 3A to let you know for sure but i do own a bunch of strats. anyway, after looking at a few pics of 3As and compairing them. i would think it would work but keep in mind your mounting holes may not line up well or at all. a typical strat guard is 11 hole (well, the newer ones) and a 3A has 8 mounting hles. if the 8 match up with a few of the strats 11...who knows...but it seems like it would be close enough to work. you may have to fill a few holes and redrill a few etc. but that's up to you if you want to go that far. it seems like the shape is the same though.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Warmoth has 8 hole pickguards that I think will work with it.

Comment

check with Shawn Lutz - he has modded a bunch of pickguarded Model series Charvels.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I've never used a regular strat pickugard. Go to pickguards.com and match one the close as you can. You could also trace yours and they will cut one just like it for ya. The strat guards will work tho, hole alignment isnt exact though. That never bothered me because I refinnished and filled them anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shawnlutz.com

Comment

I see ya put some floyds on there too, I guess that probably sums up your feelings on the kahler fulcrum (is that what it's called?)

Couple of beautys there Shawn!
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
            X