I just scored a black model 7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just scored a black model 7!

I have been searching for a Charvel to play with for a few months. I have been close on eBay a few times, but got sniped, or the seller bailed. I go to a vintage and pro shop here in my neighbourhood in Japan. I am always hounding them to assist me in getting a Charvel from one of their many sources. Out of the blue last Friday night, the manager remembers that he has a Charvel in his collection. All he remembers is that it has a 'Concorde' headstock. (His words, not mine). He hasn't looked at it in years. The next day the guitar is at the shop. He gave it to me for the equivalent of $135 in players condition. (It looks like the neck has been replaced as it is RW and non-reverse). A JB Jr. is going in the neck postion and a vintage Dimarzio Distortion is going in the Bridge poistion. It will hopefully go to Bighead guitars for a flame job. I am stoked, as I prefer tele bodies to strats for playing.

Anyone have an old Kahler sitting around not getting used? I would need a full set-up including mounting hardware.

Does anyone need a Jackson single coil from this guitar? (I don't think it sounds too great). The bridge has also been pulled. It has a vintage Schecter pick-up mounted in it. Anyone need these parts?

Re: I just scored a black model 7!

Congrats, sounds like a good score [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] post some pics if you can !

Comment

It's still at the shop. They are doing some of the mods before I get it to send off for new paint. I will post pics when she is completed.

Comment

Congrats! The model 7s are great guitars. I'm hoping to add a few more to my guitarsenal myself.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Still looking for a model 7 with the original maple reverse neck for cheap/players condition.

Comment

What is wrong with the Kahler on it currently, or is it totally missing?

I might be able to part you one together (I've got several cams and frames, and should have enough working saddles to finish it off) if you are totally missing it, otherwise what parts do you need?

Comment

It came with a tele style bridge and a vintage Schecter bridge p-up. The stock Jackson p-up didn't sound great, nor did the Schecter. It's already on it's way to Paul at Big Head Guitars for a refin-it's getting done in black cherry, with a reverse hot rod flame paint scheme. It is going from white, to hot pink with silver pin striping. The new bridge will be a brand new Kahler hard tail. Thank you kindly for the offers, all the same, Noodles.

...and to think, I almost ordered almost the same thing from a famous high end company. I'm glad the dealer wasn't serious about being after my business. I am far happier redoing an old Charvel, export or not.

Comment

Nice score, good luck with your new project.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                X