Charvette ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette ID

Any idea what model this might be? Im wondering if its plywood or not.

Also, any idea what model trem it might take? I know its a smaller looking thing licensed by floyd rose.I cant really tell by the other pics but it doesnt appear to be a jt6 or kahler fulcrum. Supposedly its an '89 model. Any ideas? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Charvette ID

I have a model 170 which has a dinky basswood body, lower horn cutaway, same pickup configuration, one vol. 3 way switch and 24 frets with a pretty decent Charvel-branded floyd. Pretty good guitar...my folks got it for me in 1991. That is one of the other models, whose # escapes me, but I *think* it came with a single locking trem. It probably is plywood...only the 170 and 270 were solid IIRC.

Comment

Yeah, Im figuring that its probably ply. I think only the 24 fret models were real wood. From the pics that Ive been able to find on ebay and such, it seems like the trem is some super rare oddball looking thing.It comes with the guitar but the block is broken. Hopefully, I will be able to get it to work. I cant see that the block could break, maybe just the screws that hold it to the top snapped. It was cheap and its in good shape so it should make a fun project anyway.

Comment

It's a model 188. I have a 188 body here and it's not plywood.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There ya have it! I really have enjoyed my 170. Good fun guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! That would be awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Do you happen to know if a floyd or schaller will drop right in? Is the post spacing the same? Or have I bought myself another white elephant? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Do you have any info on that oddball trem? I think it strings through the block but somehow has fine tuners on top.Perhaps even a link to some info on it? Thanks for all the great info! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

No. The original tremolo is a WB-2. The post spacings are narrower than a floyd or floyd copy.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                No. The original tremolo is a WB-2. The post spacings are narrower than a floyd or floyd copy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh!! Here we go again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well at least this time I have just about every oddball differently spaced trem in the world laying around my house from my last "quest" Should be fun!

Comment

Well, here's a couple of options...

The WB-2 tremolo is the same type of tremolos that were on old BC Rich NJ series guitars from like the late 80s to the early 90s, Washburns from the same era, and they were also on Series 10 guitars. It has the fine tuners on top and is often misconstrued as a Floyd Rose. I haven't been able to find a picture of one, but if you can find one I can tell you whether it is right or not.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Is this it?

And is this the same?

I just got this pic of the actual item.

It doesnt look like the other 2. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

That's it!!!

That tremolo has been taken apart. Mind you, it shares some elements of the Floyd Rose, so from what I can see, it is definitely the same tremolo.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool, I just thought that the top plate was shaped differently on the charvette one than the other two. Thats cool because I should have the guitar in hand before those other auctions end. So I will know better what Im dealing with. Thanks for the help! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i played one of those! it wasn't mine, but it belonged to the singer in a band that i was in when i was 17.

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I like the cool blue knob.

Comment

thanks. it was my bitchin mod. it's overall mojo increased by 9.4%!
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X