X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel Model 2 refinished in eerie dess

+100 fantastic guitar - thanks for sharing

Comment

Hello Guys! Sorry it has taken me so long to visit this website again!
      Yes it is me who has done those guitars for Sean Raff...I see several of you would like something doing, well get those guitars to me then!

I have worked for myself since 1987 as a freelance graphic designer/illustrator for the commercial field/advertising (worldwide), a lot of work was airbrushing. As you can see from the guitars they were hand done...I can virtually paint anything! This was my first time painting a guitar!

I am still amazed to this day at the 'eerie dess' finish and i did that one! it is a superb finish...I did not aim to get a swirl i wanted to do something different.

As for the other guitar the skeleton face/webs that was hand painted with a silver marbelizer paint (took me a while mind) again most amazing when you see it in the flesh it is almost holographic...

Thanks to Sean for trusting me with his guitar...he knows i have painted lots of stuff years ago on leather, denim etc all by hand, if i get chance i will post pics of other work for you guys to have a look at.

You can get in touch with me via email - [email protected] if you wish for further information.
      cheers v
      Last edited by 24seven; 07-06-2006, 07:54 AM.

Comment

What kind of paint, for the color and clear, lacquer, enamel, what?
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Sean got the paints for me, you can personal message him if you want the exact...i used grey primer to prime the guitar then used a black gloss, it has to be gloss so you can 'move' the paint so to speak...the marbelizer is like a pearl paint that gives you the pattern! despite what everyone says you do not have much time to work the pearl as it dries quickly! if applied thickly then it gives depth in the pattern...it is amazing and you would have to see it in the flesh to actually see it.
          The candys are yellow, green, red and blue and are transparent as you spray them that's how come you can see the pearl marebelizer underneath. Lacquer i did 6-7 coats although 2-3 would be suffice.

I used my compressor and gravity fed spray gun to get the colours on plus i have small devilbiss guns to get more control spraying the candys.

Must wear mask as the paints are 2K, two pack for those who understand, very toxic and not good for the lungs if breathed in!
          Last edited by 24seven; 07-07-2006, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Yes the technique outlined makes sense. I do remember that for candy finishes on cars, they lay down silver as a base, then spray the candy on top. Good job here. So what would the technique on the saran wrap be for doing a swirl?
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Jackson should call her for lessons, wonderful job!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

*whistles*

That's pure sexiness, that guitar is

Comment

I like the brass rollers on the Kahler...amongst all the other great things.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

looks killer I love it man
                    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

O.o Man the guitar looks great amazinggg

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon
                        Man, that is the best eerie dess i've ever seen.
                        +1

I think one pickup made eerie dess look great. awesome guitar, but I'd prefer a charvel neck
                        everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

Awesome paint on that axe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

that body looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X