Charvel Model 2 refinished in eerie dess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 2 refinished in eerie dess

Here is my once white Model 2. My sister-in-law did this in her back yard. The neck is an Allparts Fender replacement. The Charvel logo was made by a friend. Really difficult to photograph, it looks stunning in the flesh.
    [image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

Re: Charvel Model 2 refinished in eerie dess

Man, that is the best eerie dess i've ever seen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Man, that is the best eerie dess i've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
      +1 [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Your sister has got to go work in the Jackson shop! DAMN! She could teach them a thing or three, my god!

+2 best EDS ever. (the no swirl part is also very very good!)
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

How do you like that Allparts neck on the Charvel? How is the fit/finish on that thing?

Comment

Incredible job [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] My compliments to your sister [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Vera, my sister-in-law, wrote to Jackson for help and they refused to tell her how it was done. She spent several months researching and then went ahead and did it. I'm not just saying this because it's mine; this is the best eerie dess I've ever seen. I'll try and get better pics, there is twice the depth of finish than on any Jackson. The Allparts neck fitted perfect. When I put this back together it played perfect straight away. It took less than an hour to rebuild. The finish on the neck is like glass, on the fretboard too.

Comment

Wow that looks fantastic. The maple board really sets it off. Tell us more about the neck - what is the radius on the board? Fret size? How good was the neck heel -to-pocket fit?

Comment

Awesome work!!!

Comment

The pocket fit is spot on, the extra paint and lacquer made sure of that, radius - ???, fret size is jumbo frets. I'd definately buy another one, once I find a nice Model 2 to do it to.

Comment

Any secrets from your sister on how it's done? I never liked the EDS, but this thing is gorgeous!

Comment

1. Spray guitar black, let it dry. 2. Spray silver over the black and before it's dry, get some cling-film (saran-wrap) and place over the wet paint and pull it back off to make your pattern. The cling-film will pull off some of the wet silver paint showing the black underneath, this is your pattern. 3. paint in candy/transluscent paint over the top of this. candy paints remain see-through no matter how much you spray on, they just get darker. Vera used five different candies. 4. Spray on lots of lacquer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Your sister has got to go work in the Jackson shop! DAMN! She could teach them a thing or three, my god!

+2 best EDS ever. (the no swirl part is also very very good!)

[/ QUOTE ]

+3! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

very very well done! could I send over my Model 2 body? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

your sister should go into business....(could make some big money on this) [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                              yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X