the good, the bad and ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the good, the bad and ugly

Finally learned how to post photo's. Thanks NOTB. Here's the good, which has a few dints and scratches which I'll try to sort out using the info on the site...

And here's the bad and ugly

No idea what kind it is. Usual Charvel Ft Worth plate, but no locking trem. Any ideas? And this is what has been done to the neck

Feels a bit like playing a sitar, but it sounds good.
    So, do I strip it down and make it presentable, or change my name to Jethro?

Re: the good, the bad and ugly

Wow, that is a really nice hunk of wood on that model 7. Got any bigger pics?

Comment

Model 1 with a neck pickup cavity?

Comment

It does look more like an added route and mods to a model one than a 3Dr body with a vint trem & a maple neck added.

Comment

I'd leave the bad and the ugly exactly as it is. It's the guitar equivalent of wearing an ugly vintage bowling shirt with someone else's name on it. A little humor never hurts!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            So, do I strip it down and make it presentable, or change my name to Jethro?

[/ QUOTE ]
            change your name to Jethro. I like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I'll post some new photo's of the model 7 next week. I'll leave the ugly alone for now. I am still bemused by it's heritage. When did Taz first get popular? Who decided this was a good idea? And who is the mythical Jethro?

Comment

I don't think that is a maple neck....I think it is the original neck that has been scalloped.... It looks like rosewood (very light rosewood) to me....just scalloped
                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The original neck on a Model 1 is a maple fretboard, but it does look rosewood and scalloped to me.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

it looks to be maple, but with some kind of weird dye or something? check out the very very end of the board after the last fret. thats maple. also, check out the 21st fret. is that the remnants of a black dot? you wouldnt find those on a rosewood board.

Comment

On the neck of the ugly you can see where the dots used to be on the actual fretboard- there is still a little inpression left. On the side of the neck you can also see about half of the original marker dots- and I mean literally half of each dot. When I got the guitar and saw the marks I initially thought it was a pen mark put on to help the last guy locate the frets, but it goes into the wood. As for the wierd dye, I think we call that sweat. This guitar was filthy when I got it, and I recon the scalloped neck was left free to the elements. So I guess it never was rosewood. I will experiment with close up photos to clarify this mystery. Still what is this guitar? Frankenstein?

Comment

i say model 1 with added neck pickup

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Wow, that is a really nice hunk of wood on that model 7. Got any bigger pics?

--------------------
                          --Noodles

[/ QUOTE ] Ok, here are some new photos of the model 7. You can see there are a few scratches near the jack input on the body and several dings too. I may try to sort this out but am wary of screwing up a good guitar. The back has had a bit of a battering also- any suggestions?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...n/000_0128.jpg
                          http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...n/000_0129.jpg
                          http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...n/000_0130.jpg
                          http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...n/000_0131.jpg

And here is the neck from the ugly. I found the close up button on the camera.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...n/000_0127.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X