X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More info needed on this beauty!

OK, I'd really like to get more info on this Charvel "N4":

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...cs/364118a.jpg

If any forum member can shed more light, and even better if you know of anyone wanting to sell one of these, please let me know!

Re: More info needed on this beauty!

??? It looks like a washburn with a charvel decal?
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Yeah. The N4 is a Nuno Bettencourt signature made by washburn.

Comment

I can't remember if there was a thread on this one or if I am just thinking of the gallery description, but I think it was only available in Japan and very, very few were made.

Comment

N4's were around in the 80's in scotland. I remember it being way more expensive than any other guitars they did- it was their attempt to get into the "name" market

Comment

It sure does look like a Nuno. You got pic of the neck bolts? That will tell ya if it's a N4.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Looks a lot like a Nuno with a different neck. The N4s had a rosewood fingerboard. The headstock was different too.

Comment

Been discussed before. Standard import 3-d charvel neck plate on that one. Made for Japan only....and yes, a copy of an N-4

Comment

I thought that the story had something to do with trying to woo Nuno away from Washburn.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

owned one of these a while back.nice guitar and great player.

Comment

yeah, but the upper cutaway on a Washburn N4 is stretched further down the neck than this one is...a pic is a better indicator...notice how the upper body joint starts at the 15th fret on the N4 as opposed to the 17th on the Charvel rendition...

Comment

yeah I just saw Nuno a couple weeks back at the Satellite Party gig at The Key Club in Hollywood. he used that N4 and that was my first seeing it. that design with the funky body stretch is not really my style, and I've never been a Washburn fan either.

but he fucking ripped! the show was killer, they were much much better than I expected. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I was the original owner on that one. Here's the story:
                          http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...d=1#post826160

Comment

Working...
                          X