Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are a bad influence for me :(

Look what you made me do:

The body seems flawless. Very few dings and such, the wood is left to be seen nowhere, the paint is intact. But the neck is another problem...

On the treble side, the laquer is almost all gone.
    The scarf headstock joint doesn't seem to be holding too well...
    And the 12th fret has some er... wood missing:

And the side dots are starting to wear off

My take is that the guitar has been refused a lot of TLC on the neck side. The strings were VERY old, I have .105 now (between .10 and .11: the low E is a .48) but I should have used .09s which have less tension since the headstock seems damaged [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ah well... Time only will tell.
    So... what do you guys think this one needs? I liked the sound out of it (though I tried it on a Vox AC30, might be why [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) but the neck worries me. For the price I paid for it, I can't really complain though so it's all good. I just hope to save it.

Re: You guys are a bad influence for me

Great catch, man!

I'm glad that site worked out for ya! Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hehe yeah thanks, without you I wouldn't have gotten it. I dedicate this family picture to you:

Comment

Excellent. The chainsaw case's always looked so great to me, and with that axe in it it doesn't get better, imho. Love the strap too btw!

You have the same sense of order as me, IOW, dump clothes on floor and hope they miraculasly end up in the wash, does that ever work for you, btw? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Stupid clothes have a mind of their own and they won't move! Even my cat has more energy than these!

Worse is, those clothes on the floor are the clean ones [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice axe man!!!! .......Dont worry, my room is like that too......that why i keep guitars in a seperate place lol!!
            www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

A bed is all I have available for now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              You guys made me a freak [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X