Butchered Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butchered Charvel

So the guy really massacred this. I don't know too much about it other than it has a Seymour Duncan for the bridge and a Dimarzzio for the middle, and the neck is a mystery.

I assume the body is a fake because it looks like plywood. Neck has a serial number of 329295.

Bought this because it was $110 Canadian and I liked the neck. If anyone has any information it'd help, thanks.

Pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    Pic4

Re: Butchered Charvel

Well, it doesn't look like any Charvel body I've seen before. What does the sticker on the back of the neck pickup say? As long as you like the neck, you at least got your money's worth in the parts.

Comment

In case there's any confusion, in pic 3 you can see the guy routed out part of the body.

There's no sticker on the back of the neck pick up. The middle pick up says Dimarzzio when you lift the cover on top of it. So it might not even be one.The bridge pick up is Seymour Duncan, has a white sticker on it that says FS1BJ.

Comment

Well, the bridge pickup is a Full Shred. What kind of Floyd is that?

Comment

Floyd is a Jackson, licensed under Floyd-Rose patents. Made in Germany by Schaller.

Comment

Yeah, even if the body is a piece of shit made of plywood, you definitely got your money's worth in parts.

Comment

The body seems to be solid. I don't see the alternating grains that are common with laminant bodies. By the lightness of the wood I'd say it's Basswood. With the rest of the stuff I'd say it's a Charvel 375DLX. (the 475DLX would have sharkfins) I have seen a rear-mounted control guitar with a pickguard (Dinky Standard), but I'd have to say this one wasn't done very well.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

It's funny because I've always hated trans colours, but for some reason I like that top. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the guitar since there's drill holes everywhere and a giant hunk of wood missing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can't thank you guys enough for the information.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The body seems to be solid. I don't see the alternating grains that are common with laminant bodies. By the lightness of the wood I'd say it's Basswood. With the rest of the stuff I'd say it's a Charvel 375DLX. (the 475DLX would have sharkfins) I have seen a rear-mounted control guitar with a pickguard (Dinky Standard), but I'd have to say this one wasn't done very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s what I´m thinking as well, a 375DLX modded for a pickguard... look at the bare wood between the pup cavities and the "wierd hole" under the pickguard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Still looks like one piece of wood to me.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

so, uhhhhhh, are you gonna keep the body?

Comment

The most reasonable thing I can think of doing since I like the guitar (I usually despise flame tops but it's really growing on me) is just building my own pick guard to cover up the destruction.

I like the neck and I think it'll be a cool guitar when I figure out how to hide it's blemishes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X