ARGH WHY WON'T IT... ooops caps lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGH WHY WON'T IT... ooops caps lock

Ok the sound is not the problem. It's gorgeous... This pickup is a sleeper and totally underrated. But it IS a trembucker/F spaced and yet... Well the polepieces aren't where they should be. Has it happened to anyone, and what's the cause? I'll also post this in the Tech part but this is on a model series and I wanted people to comment in case it happened to them too, but feel free to lock this, mods, if you feel it's out of the proper place [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: ARGH WHY WON\'T IT... ooops caps lock

That's a JT-6 right?
    The JT-6 is regular spaced.
    I have the same problem with the PU I put in my 5FX.

Comment

NOOOOOO... Damn me. For once I thought of everything and... ah well, that's a hard learnt lesson. I'll see if I can swap out the pickup with someone else's. Meeeh...

Comment

I feel your pain.
        I ordered a custom made pickup for mine. (Swineshead Warthog, custom green/black bobbins)
        I waited almost a month for it to make it here from the UK. I found out the trem was normal spaced about 2 days before it showed up. I don't notice too much of a difference, except on the high e at times. I've been playing more rhythm guitar lately so it's not as big of a deal.

Comment

This is your perfect cue to order an OFR for the guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

...or you can put an Original Floyd Rose on the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oops, Sunbane was faster than me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If only I had money for it... I'm receiving some soon but I don't think it'll be enough and I need it for other things. Damn this stinks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

What Floyds in Europe are the best bang for buck and would definitely bring me the best improvement, for cheaper than an OFR or Schaller you think?

Comment

I'm not sure. Gotoh?
                  Try getting a used J-590 Schaller from the toothpaste Charvels.

Comment

I'd try Brandoni in the UK, they had Floyds for under £40 me thinks. They're very much an "old school" business but they're quite good for parts, I got an Ibanez Roadstar body & square, uncut headstock neck for under £80.

Their website is a joke (or was last time I looked) & so is their catalogue so I'd give them a call (020) 8908 2323. It is worth getting a catalogue because it has loads of stuff in it..pickups, bridges, bodies, necks, scratchplates, everything.... it just looks like a primary school project.

Comment

Yeah but I still want something much better than the JT6. Considering they're quite decent, I'm not sure a 40£ one will compete? I'll check them out though thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Gotoh in Europe are more expensive than Schallers...

Ahhh wait I did find a cheaper one! http://www.voxhumanawebstore.nl/webs...roducts_id=945
                      Are they worth it? Or should I shell the 40 extra euros to get a Schaller from Rockinger?

Comment

Hmmm...I don't know about the Gotohs. Never used them. If it was me, I'd just keep using the JT-6 until I had the cash for a real OFR.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hmmm...I don't know about the Gotohs. Never used them. If it was me, I'd just keep using the JT-6 until I had the cash for a real OFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

A Schaller will be just as good right? Here in Europe it's pretty much the best we have access to. Also, will the string spacing after be much different on the neck? The neck is quite wide but I'm affraid I'll have even less room from the strings to the edge of the fingerboard after.

Comment

The string spacing at the nut will remain the same. From the bridge to the nut, the strings "taper".
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X