X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of charvel is this?

check this out

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i didn't know there are some charvel guitars with slanted bridge pu's ?

serial nr. is 370626, apparently the guitar is loaded with a floyd rose tremolo

is it any good? i wonder how those slanted pickups sound...can they put out a heavy rhythm sound?

Re: what kind of charvel is this?

275DLX - Some members love them, others leave them.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      check this out

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i didn't know there are some charvel guitars with slanted bridge pu's ?

serial nr. is 370626, apparently the guitar is loaded with a floyd rose tremolo

is it any good? i wonder how those slanted pickups sound...can they put out a heavy rhythm sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like those are three singlecoil pickups. Possibly stacked humbuckers. They may or may not meet your demands, depending on what type of music you're playing.

The bridge looks like a Schaller - it's probably the Jackson JT-590; Jackson badged Schaller trem (good thing).

Comment

Its a 275. Single locking floyd, the bridge doesn't lock. They are essentially three single stacked hums.. not sure if they're J-200's tho.

oops, didn't see Todds reply when I posted this-just the quote.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Its a 275. Single locking floyd, the bridge doesn't lock.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Good to know. I take it that trem isn't all that thrilling to use then...

Comment

some call that trem garbage .. I consider it pretty unstable and would rather have something like a wilk in there if I were to go unlocking. The guitar itself isn't bad playing. I had a fusion special which was basically the same thing only with two more frets. The pickups need to get swapped out but the combinations are rather cool.

Comment

alright, thanks a lot. those are two slanted singlecoils, eh? i doubt this would do it for me....

...but i already spotted the next one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (seems like GAS is hitting hard atm)
              http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=7342858091
              the pics are a bit blurry, unfortunately.
              it looks like a model 6, but it has only 22 frets...strange.
              active jackson pickups, apparently a floyd rose system (i bet it's the bog standard JT6)). the finish is damaged right above the bridge pickup, apparently the seller drilled a hole in order to change the pickup?!

is it any good? i already asked the seller for some close up pics of the pickup thing.

btw, it comes with a hardshell case

Comment

It's a model 4. I have one. Amazing little guitar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                The pickups are passive. The electronics though is active (6db midboost preamp, the Jackson JE1200)
                It is the JT6 usually, but it's not a bad tram.
                The guitar is really good, don't worry about this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

that is a later model 4, they usually don't come with sharkfin inlays. These are nice guitars.

Comment

Working...
                  X