Are all Charvel Model series imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all Charvel Model series imports?

Did the Charvel line begin life in Japan, or where there American ones being made at the same time?

Re: Are all Charvel Model series imports?

Charvel 'model' series were the first Charvel imports if I recall properly. But Charvel was more or less a custom shop before that and I think they still were (the USA line) during that time. Then there was the contemporary line (from 1989 to 9...1?) and then they stopped making imports for the US (there still are some, but Japan only). Though the model A/Traditional/Journeyman were offered 2 or 3 years ago.

Comment

The original Charvels were custom made in the US.

The Model series and Toothpaste logo were both Japanese manufacture from 1986-1991

The San Dimas Charvels (I, II, III, IV) were US made from 1994-97 (I believe)

The Model A/Traditional/Journeyman were Japanese made a few years ago.

Now Charvels are back to custom made in the US.

Comment

Thanks pott & Travis.

Comment

I hope an author takes the reigns of J/C history and writes a definitive book on it soon. I don't think I'll ever keep all the facts straight or find them all out otherwise. If Fender, Gibson, Taylor, Ibanez, and so many others have one, why can't the best electric guitar company of all time have one?

Comment

Working...
          X