New mutt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mutt!

Well, I finally got around to putting something together. I got my neckplate and trem so it was time to assemble. Its a model 3 body and a model neck that had a 4 stamped on the heel. It has a chrome kahler type locking clamp at the nut that has the allen key screws and not the slots. The trem is a single locking floyd rose II. The pots and switches are all from the model 3 body. The pickups are some no-name ones that I got with a model series body that I bought off ebay. They are like 17k and 8k. I only have the bridge hooked up right now as I havent figured out this 5-way switch yet. Im thinking of just switching it to a 3-way anyhow as the pickups are only 2 conductor. Id really prefer a 3-way toggle but I aint into drilling any holes. The pickup rings came with the pickups and are of course too small for the cavities as this had the huge covered jackson pickups originally. The knobs are just some old fender ones that I had laying around. It plays and sounds great and the best part is I dont care if I bang it into any furniture as it has its share of little dings here and there. Heres a quick lousy pic.

I will post a better one when I get home later after I find *my* digital camera.

Re: New mutt!

Hey, looks good.

Comment

<font color="aqua">looks great! That's a Model 3a by the way..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice job! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Pretty coll for a mutt [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks great! Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X