Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey just curious about specs: Model 2

Hey all,

As some of you might know im new to Charvels and got a model 2 a couple months ago, i was just wondering if anyone could give ne a good site for all the specs (scale, wood, everything) or if someone could post it,

thanks all

Re: Hey just curious about specs: Model 2

The Model 2 has a basswood body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. It's a 25.5" scale, 22 fret single humbucker "super strat." It came with the Jackson JT-6 trem and a J90c pickup with a single volume knob. What else do you want to know about them?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The Model 2 has a basswood body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. It's a 25.5" scale, 22 fret single humbucker "super strat." It came with the Jackson JT-6 trem and a J90c pickup with a single volume knob. What else do you want to know about them

[/ QUOTE ]

All of that is true for the 1987/88 models. The 86 model had the Kahler Fulcrum trem instead of the JT6. Other than that everything else is the same.

Comment

D'oh! Stupid 86 Kahler. I forgot.

Comment

geez, Trav! What were you thinking?! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

specs Model 2 from 1986 catalog

here are the 2 catalog pages of 1986 (click on image for detail):

<a href="http://users.pandora.be/peter.brosens/jcfonline/cat_1986charvel_page11.jpg" target="_blank">

</a>

Comment

Re: specs Model 2 from 1986 catalog

I think Models 1, 2 and 3 also had a more "traditional" strat shaped body versus say a Model 4, 5 or 6. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I think you are somewhat wrong:
                I've layered a Model 2 onto a Model 4, and onto a Model 5:
                The body contour only differs between a 22 fret Model (like 1, 2, 3 and 4) and a 24 fret Model (like a 5 or 6).. which is logical.
                However, only Model 3 and 4 do come with a forarm contour

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I think Models 1, 2 and 3 also had a more "traditional" strat shaped body versus say a Model 4, 5 or 6. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Models 1 and variants, 2, 3 and variants except for the 3DR, and 4 and variants were strat-shaped bodies.

Models 5 and 6 were soloist bodies.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

The bodies for the Model 1, 2, 3, and 4 were all the same, just with different pickup/bridge routes. They were all basswood bodies and they all have the forearm contour. None have full flat tops.

Comment

With the exception of the 3DR which is the first Dinky Reverse, hence the moniker 3DR.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Right. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I stand corrected. Nice work pebber.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            All of that is true for the 1987/88 models. The 86 model had the Kahler Fulcrum trem instead of the JT6. Other than that everything else is the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            cool so that dates my red Model 2 to 1986. I got it April 87 at Sam Ash on 48th st in NYC.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

sweet guys, yeah thats pretty much all i wanted to know, although i had already guessed about half of it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X