As luck would have it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As luck would have it

I haven't been to my local pawn shops for a while now. I decided I would go hit a couple of them today. The very first one I walked into had this Charvel hanging on the wall.

It is a 1987 Charvel Model 2. It is in dire need of a good setup, a little soap and water, and a new lock nut. The back of the neck has been sanded. Nice job becuse it feels real good and smooth. It came witha Jackson/Charvel rectangular case. I am usually open with what I pay for these because I don't turn around and flip them for profit. No hate'n, no bitch'in and no moan'in. Are you sitting down. Walked out the door with tax $105.

Here are the required pics.

Re: As luck would have it

Sweet score. I need to hit some pawn shops more often.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]Holy crap! The pawnshops in your part of Virginia must be very different than those in my area! In my neck of the woods, for $105, you may luck out and get a beat to death Harmony or something! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

<font color="aqua">well, no wonder you got it so cheap, it's missing the stringlock and the rear cover isn't correct for that Model.......

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k, bro........great score- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]</font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice score. Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very sweet score, Bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

why do deals like this only exist in the US? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Great looking one! I dig it. One hum shredder guitars don't help my GAS.

Comment

Congrats. Man, I wish I could find anything like that around here. Unbelievable price.

Comment

Great score! I very rarely find anything worth talking about here in the Greensboro area. I was out Monday and did not see a darn thing. Awesome find and it should clean up nicely.

Comment

very nice! I'd love to find one locally in that colour. Congrats.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      why do deals like this only exist in the US? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      they don't. I picked up my Model 2 for AU$180, which works out to about US$150. Not bad considering the pickup upgrade to a couple of Dimarzios.

My Model 2B was AU$150. Model 4 was AU$190.

You just have to bide your time; be prepared to look past the shiny Hondos, Aria Pros &amp; Squiers hanging under the spotlight on the wall; and get ready to clean years worth of dust and guck off the guitar before setting it up.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I've just never seen any pawn shops in Europe that's it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn great score!! Congrats..

Comment

Very nice. Well done!

Comment

love those Model 2s!!
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X