New wiring on my 650xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wiring on my 650xl

All right, don't know if I should put this here or in the tech section, so feel free to move it if deemed necessary.

I FINALLY got around to finishing the wiring on my 650xl. I yanked out the active boost, and installed 3 vlume pots for the pickups. In conjunction with the 5 way switch, I've got push/pull pots on the neck and middle pickups to split. Loaded with a Distortion in the bridge, Cool Rails in the mid, and a Hot Rails in the neck, this thing is a tone monster. Now, with the capability to split the Hot and Cool Rails, it is 66% more versatile than before. Not only do I get rightious shred metal riffing and lead tones, now I get some pretty sweet bluesy Strat tones and amazing cleans. The Cool Rails is very sparkly when split. I just made my #1 guitar my #1+. I swear, I didn't think this thing could get any better. I was wrong. Now it's damn near perfect.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. We now return to our regularly scheduled rocking. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: New wiring on my 650xl

Cool! I also had my 650XL with 3 volume controls for a while. Who uses tone controls anyway? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You make me want to try those Duncan Rails on my guitar too...

Comment

Working...
    X