finally - pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally - pics

my Charvel 625C and Model 2. they compliment each other very well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

got my Model 2 in 1987, it's the 86 Kahler fulcrum edition. it has been such a great guitar.

detail of 625C body w/ abalone binding and 24 frets (like I ever use the last 8 or so [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: finally - pics

that is a shitty camera!! LOL I gotta upgrade...

Comment

Is that a Japanese backdrop behind the Japanese guitars ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Nice, I've always liked the look of those Charvel acoustics..

Comment

Nice pair. Model 2's are great guitars IMO. How does that acoustic sound?

Comment

That's quite a pair. Congrats.

Comment

Killer guitars [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

24 frets on the acoustic is a bit of overkill isnt it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Is that a Japanese backdrop behind the Japanese guitars ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Nice, I've always liked the look of those Charvel acoustics..

[/ QUOTE ]
              that's exactly what it is, although I didn't plan it that way. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

it is an antique Japanese screen that was hand painted, actually by an american artist who was living in Japan and studying that form of art in the 1930's and 40's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Nice pair. Model 2's are great guitars IMO. How does that acoustic sound?

[/ QUOTE ]
                thanks. the acoustic sounds very very good. frankly it sounded ok when I got it, but when I swapped out the cheap tuners for Schallers, it improved the sound and it now stays in tune like a champ, and sounds way better than before. it also sounds incredible through the amp with the chorus effect on it, it's heavenly! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  24 frets on the acoustic is a bit of overkill isnt it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  no, that's so I can shred!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  don't you know you just can't shred without 24 frets? LOL

yeah, I didn't plan it that way, but that's how it came, so there you go. I just look at that board extension as decoration.

Comment

Nice set of Charvels. I have always wanted a Charvel acoustic but have never played one. What are the necks like?
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

it is a bound neck and plays like a dream. I put light strings on it and I bend em like an electric. the action is set up nice and low with no buzz. it sounds way better than it has a right to for the price. it is hard to put that guitar down, you just want to keep playing it. the headstock is bound and topped with striped rosewood.

my buddy has an original Guild acoustic and he loves playing my Charvel. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X