"Gary Moore" model info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gary Moore" model info?

I recently acquired this guitar from Japan (as posted under the "New Arrival..." thread in this forum). Some of you posted previously with some info on this model, and I'm now looking for confirmed facts.Is it actually a "Gary Moore" model? It does not say so anywhere on the guitar. It was Japan-only? I'm assuming so because I've never seen one anywhere including the US. If it was a limited run, how many were made? What colors? What year(s)? What PUP should it have? Does anyone have any catalogs or ads that show this guitar? I also need a white back plate for this one - any help on that appreciated. Sorry for all the questions, but I'd love to know the details on this cool import Charvie. Thanks!

Re: \"Gary Moore\" model info?

Seriously, how much do you want for that?

Comment

Gary played Charvels like that on the Wild Frontiers tour, I remember a red one and a white one. He used EMGs in them.

Comment

This one has an EMG, so maybe it could be original...? I haven't opened it up to investigate. The volume pot has a center detent position - is this common to an EMG setup?Obviously, I've never had a guitar with EMG's.

Comment

I dont think it is a Gary Moore Model.

Therefore, I think you should give it to me.
          [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Someone here will know the story on them.
          I assume that you read all the posts on the EBAY thread on this auction. That is ALL the info I know.

Damn sweet score!
          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Im not positive as to whether or not that POT is stock, but what it seems to me is that it has an active boost. When you keep it at the center its like having a normal pot on 10, but when you roll it forward youre boosting the signal.

Altho i could be wrong

Comment

That was my take on it too, but I haven't opened her up to see what's happening in there. This guitar is top-routed, so it seems like an effort to take the PG off to change the battery.

Comment

by top routed do you mean that the route holes are at the top of the body? (im sorry im not familiar with this term) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but there could be a type of serial number on the route holes, or you could check the pot # to see the age and see if they are same period

Comment

By top-routed I mean there is no access to the control cavity from the rear of the body. Access is from the front of the body only - the control cavity is under the pickguard.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Seriously, how much do you want for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Travis, you are EVIL!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Opened it up last night. EMG 81. Can't see any evidence of re-solder on the grounds, etc. No clip to hold the 9v though - seems like a factory install would have that...?
                        Stamp in neck pocket has "GM-9"...GM=Gary Moore?

Comment

I think the reason you saw no resolder is because most EMG81 sets already come with a harness thats easy to install

Comment

Found these pics on the web. This site has info on the Charvels/Jacksons as well as his other axes in the "Guitars" section. All in Japanese...so if somebody can translate the text next to the single hum Charvels, I would appreciate it!

http://www.gary-moore.net/main.html

Comment

Working...
                            X