Charvel Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Standard

Just picked up the body for what I believe is a charvel standard. Based on what I've been able to look up and looking at the body itself, these are the specs:

Two HB, rear routed

Standard Trem

3/5 way switch slot

Neck Joint access (like model series)

This should take a 24 fret neck, correct?

Thanks!

Re: Charvel Standard

Correct. I have the body from my blue Charvel Standard right here with me. My Strat neck won't work but my 24 fret Dinky neck is a perfect fit.

Comment

Sweet! I just popped in my 24 fret "toothpaste logo" neck, and I think it's gonna work! The bridge pickup I'm planning on using right now is hooked up to a coil tap switch, so I may drop that in the tone knob spot and just run a volume control. Finally, some progress! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

post pictures?
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Once I complete it, I'll try to wrangle a digital cam to take some pics. You guys will probably shoot me when you see the way the thoothpaste logo headstock looks with this body (it's like a plumb/burgandy color with a cream logo. On a sparkle blue body? YUCK!)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sweet! I just popped in my 24 fret "toothpaste logo" neck, and I think it's gonna work! The bridge pickup I'm planning on using right now is hooked up to a coil tap switch, so I may drop that in the tone knob spot and just run a volume control. Finally, some progress! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the only 24 fret toothpaste neck made was for a Fusion. If so that neck is for a short scale guitar. You might have some intonation issues even though it seems to fit.

Just a thought, good luck [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info. I haven't strung it, so you may be right. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I was able to back track to the corresponding body for that neck and it was a H-S-S configured Charvie. It did not look like the Fusion model I'm familiar with (275 style, sculpted lower bout), but let me know if there were other fusion models. Thanks!

I guess I better string 'er up!

Comment

I've got a black standard. I love it. A guitar shop was going out of business and i got it brand new for $100. Put some emg's in it and it is just awesome. Plays like a dream. My only complaint is the frets seem to be made of quite a bit cheesier material than the normal fret wire they use on usa models. They seem to be wearing much worse than my usa models. Other than that it's an awesome guitar.

Comment

There are several Charvel Fusions, and txcharvel is right. The only 24 fret Charvels with the script logo are Fusions. You'll have to find a 24 fret dinky neck for that body.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      There are several Charvel Fusions, and txcharvel is right. The only 24 fret Charvels with the script logo are Fusions. You'll have to find a 24 fret dinky neck for that body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                      X