Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever watch a great deal go by and do nothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever watch a great deal go by and do nothing?

I watched this auction last night and the top bid was never raised. I kept saying to myself to grab it as I just love those Charvels but I just sat back and gave myself excuse after excuse.

Lo and behold it sold for the awesome sum of $152.50 and now I can not stop thinking about what a mistake I made.

A clean Charvel in black with two humbuckers (instead of the the typical S/S/H configuration) and I just let it slip away. Install some Duncan's and an OFR and that would have been a killer guitar for pennies!

The worst part is the fact that I told my wife about it over breakfast this morning and then she asked who bought it in the end.

When I said "I dunno" she replied " someone smarter then you at that moment"

Ouch!

Charvel

Re: Ever watch a great deal go by and do nothing?

That looks just like my model 3. Definately a great price. But who knows, the guy might have had a max bid of $250 or something. Just because an auction finishes kinda low doesnt mean that you could have gotten it cheap. I wouldnt beat myself up over it.

Comment

Wise and comforting words Carbuff!

Comment

Actually, looking at the bid history, he added another bid towards the end so it looks like he added a max bid for insurance. I dont think you could have had it for cheap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I let cheapie deals go by everyday. Hurts, too. eBay is both a blessing and a curse, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Quote: When I said "I dunno" she replied " someone smarter then you at that moment"

Yep, you can always count on wives to offer words of encouragement and understanding
            [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I wouldnt beat myself up over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there's plenty of other people to beat up over it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I've passed up great deals, and then counted the money I DIDN'T spend [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've also jumped on great deals too early and missed out on the KILLER deals that popped up soon after, because I'd spent my wad on the smaller frys.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

All the time, in fact it kills me not to get that all Bengal 750xl on ebay right now. I know something has to give though, if I want my custom I have to stick with trades or just suck it up and wait a year or so.

Comment

Well, the odds of this being a relist are pretty good. It was a zero feedback winning bid. Keep your eyes peeled! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

The worst thing is,even your wife thought that it was stupid to not to buy that

Well,I'm sure you can find another bargain,don't stress yourself.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I lost some great deals

Sometime around 1989-90, I had a g/f that was going to surprise me with a brand new Ibanez Jem 777VBK. If I knew this at the time, I wouldn't have cheated on her. We broke up and she told me about the Jem. She was making payments on it. My best friend verified the info. Dumb dumb dumb dumb me!!
                      I also had a F-buddy who bought tix to see Satch. I "screwed" myself outta that date too.

Comment

Re: I lost some great deals

Do you have her number by any chance? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It's been relisted http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-JACKSON-6-ST...1QQcmdZViewItem
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Shit...it's gonna go dirt cheap again!

Comment

So ninja, did you win it?

Comment

Working...
                              X