Newer Jap charvel Model info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer Jap charvel Model info.

It's a newer (2003?) Model.....Charvel Traditional Pro Series.

Picked it up on E-bay yesterday, so I won't have it for probably a week. I had gotten a Model A+ Pro last year from AMS and was prety impresed with it's quality. Unfortunatley my son traded me for it and I've been looking for something similar since. Finally found one around the $200 figure that I couldn't pass up.

Look to me the only difference between the A+ and the Traditional is the 22 frets and the SD Hot/cool rails are on the Traditional model. If anyone has had any experience with this model or any of the early 2000 Jap models, I would be interested in hearing what you think.

Thanks

Re: Newer Jap charvel Model info.

Another difference is the floyd rose on the A+. Is the board on the Traditional ebony or rosewood?

Comment

You've already posted this question in the Import Charvel section.
      One post is enough. Be patient...someone will get back to you.

Oh...and fill out your profile, please!

Comment

And it's called Japan.... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Sorry..I should have said MIJ Charvel.

This forum gets more traffic than the Import Charvel and the newer MIJ Models don't seem to be that well liked, thus the double post.

What info would you like to have in my profile?

Comment

Heh, its Chuck's mission in life to get everyone to fill out their user profile. Why? I don't know but it makes him happy.

As for the MIJ Charvels, I only played one a Charvel A Plus K and I liked it fine. I was disappointed that it was just a koa top which I thought was kind of a rip. The guitar itself was in impeccable condition. Perfect frets, great sound and really comfortable to play on. Ultimately I didn't buy it for several reasons, I decided to wait for one of the old San Dimas Koa Reissues to show up on the bay. The worst thing about the guitar is probably the fugly headstock. I don't think you will be disappointed in how it plays though. I may not be the best person to do a comparitive analysis yet though, since I haven't played a USA charvel or the legendary japan charvels of the 80's early 90s. However stacked up against other imports? It was an excellent excellent guitar.

Comment

The only problem I have with the newer MIJ models are the frets. They don't seem to be the same high quality frets used on the other models. They seem to wear quite a bit quicker. Other than that. they are great guitars.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Since I just hack about at home, the fret wear shouldn't be an issue I assume.

Comment

Re: Thanks for the info guys

I got a Charvel Standard electric blue, it's a great guitar!i change the tuners with sperzel, i think i'll change the bridge with a wilkinson. I have splitted the pickups with exceptional results! The neck is great!Very low action without buzz!I love my charvel standard!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Oh...and fill out your profile, please!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...part=1&vc=1

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X