• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Charvel ST Custom?

FOund this ad:
    http://www.blocket.se/view/5905021.h...l=0&c=1&city=0

Is this a Charvel ST Custom?

Re: Is this a Charvel ST Custom?

Yup, nice guitar if you can get over the IMO ugly headstock.

Comment

Re: Is this a Charvel ST Custom?

I agree, the headstock sucks...

Comment

So How much they asing for it?

I can't read..whatever it is.

Comment

Re: So How much they asing for it?

That one has neck swap written all over it.

Comment

I bought one of those at a pawn shop a few months back. I hated the headstock and thought it was kinda wierd (I posted about this guitar on the jcf before I bought it). Never seen that headstock before but you know, its actually grown on me now that i've owned it and played it alot. Mine is pearl white with a black pickgaurd and maple neck. Not bad for 80 bucks (25 for a pro setup). I havent had to tune this thing in months. Smoking guitar for the price in my opinion

Comment

Surfdok: Why do you think that? I think it looks just like in the picture from the Jackson catalog posted in this thread, or have I missed something? The seller says it's transparent black/dark color, which seems to make sense...

Cuthroat: Pretty nice to pay 80 bucks for a Charvel :-) This guy is asking about $150 (in Sweden, most things are more expensive than in the USA...) and in Swedish terms that's pretty good. How are the pickups on that guitar?

Comment

I'm pretty sure surfdork meant that he dislikes the headstock so much that the only thing to do would be to replace the neck. I've heard great things about the quality & playability of these, but I just wouldn't be able to deal w/ that headstock either. I know this sounds crazy, but if it's possible to feel pity for an inanimate object, that's kind of how I feel about the ST. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's good to know there are people out there who dig them.

Comment

Dg: When I read Surfdoks post again, I kinda see that it must be what he means, and I totally agree, it's not a nice headstock [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    SCuthroat: Pretty nice to pay 80 bucks for a Charvel :-) This guy is asking about $150 (in Sweden, most things are more expensive than in the USA...) and in Swedish terms that's pretty good. How are the pickups on that guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, they're ok. Not great, not bad. Not really great for the metal tone. Sounds killer for the blues/rock stevie ray vaughn/clapton type stuff. Not a guitar to blaze to a megadeth song or nothing. Warning to ya.....the guitar is heavy and has a big body/FAT neck to it. No regrets owning this one. This one will remain in my guitar collection [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

ps. Does anyone have more pictures of the charvel st?

Comment

Thanks for that info!

As for pictures, check out the sales folder from 1990, there are pics. of the different ST's
                      http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...ders/sf90.html

Comment

To clarify...yes, I meant the headstock is weak and I would put another charvel neck on it. (if it were me) I like the trans finish on the body though.

Comment

Surfdork: Alright , I get it now [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                          Yeah, the trans finish is nice!

Comment

Working...
                          X