Sweet eBay Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet eBay Score!

Awesome! Just bought my first axe off ebay. Got a wicked deal too: only $200.00 shipping and case included!

Check her out!

Always wanted a red and black strat. I don't know too much about the CX 391, but for that price I can't go wrong. I'm even happier because we had a blackout not 5 minutes before the auction ended and I couldn't see if I won for like 3 hours! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Sweet eBay Score!

Had this one in my watch list but wasnt bidding. Correct me if i'm wrong but don't cx series usually go for around 200 bucks normally?

Comment

No idea. Still, with case and shipping I'm thinkin' I made out pretty good. Ever play one of these?
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Hmm, never played a red one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But I do own this.

I think I paid like $140. It was a local pickup deal off ebay. No case but it came with a kickin gigbag. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The red looks sweet though. Enjoy it. Hey, is your trem recessed? Mine is but yours looks like its not in that pic. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, I just realized, is that $200 CA or US?

Comment

No, I don't hink it's recessed. You can sort of see that it's not from this pic:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              No idea. Still, with case and shipping I'm thinkin' I made out pretty good. Ever play one of these?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, 200 for the guitar and case shipped is definately a nice grab. Guitar looks unscarred as far as I can tell. I've never played a cx series but I do own a Charvel ST custom and from my knowledge, the cx series are what used to be the st series (correct me if im wrong). Nonetheless, my st custom plays incredible and sounds pretty good too (gonna switch out the pickups for an even better sound). Can't go wrong with charvel period. You'll love the guitar I'm sure.

Here's the user reviews for the Charvel CX 391. Just thought you might be interested in reading other users opinions on the guitar. Enjoy it bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...l/CX391-1.html

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Oh, I just realized, is that $200 CA or US?

[/ QUOTE ]

from the auction, thats US.

hey vamp, you said 200 bucks shipped but by reading the auction, you won it at 160 bucks shipped. 40 bucks is a tad of a difference [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Not sure if you read wrong, quoted wrong, or what, just bringing it to light [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one several years ago and it was a good player. Nice score!

Chuck

Comment

I paid $200 CDN. Actually $208. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

$137 USD for axe and $35 USD shipping (with insurance).

I was reading those reviews at HC the other day - that's why I bid on this one. That place is pretty good for reviews. I was thinking of putting one up for my Model 3, but I'm just too damn lazy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

ahhhhhh gotcha. Nonetheless, nice grab there. Enjoy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, it came in the mail today and I just finished setting her up.

Carbuff: it IS a recessed trem. I had some issues with it at first but it's all fixed up now. Thanks to the dudes in the Tech area for the help!

This thing is a damn fine guitar. It's really light, which surprised the hell out of me. The neck is pretty fast and straight as an arrow. There a couple of dings in the clear coat, but other than that it rocks!
                        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Yeah, they are decent guitars, especially for the money. They may lack the image but they play nicely. I just picked this one off ebay the other day. Other than the crappy trem, its a nice palying guitar. I paid $100 for it.

Comment

There's one for sale in my area for $100

Should I?
                            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Sorry about that pic not working. I fixed it. JRE, buy it if you want it. Its not a great guitar, just pretty decent for the money. If you like messing with guitars and such I dont see how you could lose any money on one. Dont expect it to become your main axe or anything. The one with the floyd look alike trem is probably a better deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X