pics of the new MIJ Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of the new MIJ Charvel

Picked this one up on E-bay a couple weeks ago, finally took some pics. I love the quality of these "newer" MIJ models. My son has an A+ Pro I bought from AMS a year and a half ago. I've been looing for another model for myself since.
    Finally found one I could afford, this one went for $238 with shipping, seems very cheap for the quality. I would have prefered a little better tuners, but this one has a Charvel branded Floyd, so tuners are not a real problem.

I hope I finally figured out the pic linking here now.

Charvel

Charvel-2

Close up top

Current E-bay collection

Re: pics of the new MIJ Charvel

Woah whats that wacky guitar with the abalone binding on the left?

As for the Charvel was that really 238? Cause I think you got an absolute steal considering the pups and the nice looking guitar. I wasn't aware they were making new MIJ charvels. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

They made them a couple years \'til like 2003

I think or so. theres another just like it on E-bay right now. i linked to it over at the E-bay forum here. I expected it to be used , but this one came in the Charvel box with the hang tag and original Strings still on it, that was a surprise.

They didn't sell well I guess, they had list prices of like $1200-1500 depending on the model. I would assume they sold new in stores for around the $700 mark or so. But you can find them on E-bay for pretty cheap sometimes.

The other guitar is a Minarik Diablo I picked up on e-bay a few months back. My son is into metal and he likes the BC Rich styles and such. Minarik makes some very interesting models, the Diablo was the most "normal" looking. Even though it's Korean made( they set them up in thier shop in California somewhere), it's very well made with SD pickups and Tone Pro bridge ( not sure of the tuners). Chambered body gives it good tone. I picked it up w/OHSC brand new on E-bay for $400 about half what they were selling for new. I figured what the hell, serial #000035 signed by Marc minarik on the inside of the back plate..you never know.

Comment

Re: They made them a couple years \'til like 2003

Dude! You just ruined my day...(frothing with jealousy)

Seriously, beautiful guitar. Enjoy it!

Comment

That is sweet. Shred it up!

Comment

Very nice Traditional. Enjoy it and congrats on the great score!
            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

i have to be honest i'm not so keen on the stylings of it but i appreciate if they're trying to make it different from the norm...

Comment

That price is a steal! When I got my Journeyman about 2 1/2 years ago it cost me US$550, and I reckoned that was a decent price for a Japanese-made guitar with a USA pickup [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good score.
                Model 3
                Model 5A
                Model 3B
                Journeyman
                Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

another one on the Bay right now.

going off today I think, has a starting bid of $150 not sure if there is a reserve or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X