Please help identify this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help identify this one.

All I know is that its over ten years old, ansd supposedly mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, USA made.

Serial# C902186

Re: Please help identify this one.

It looks like a 750xl. High quality import. Very nice guitars.

Comment

Oh, its not US? Is it Japanese?
      Is that a set-neck joint do you think?
      The bridge has Jackson printed on it, so it's obviously not an OFR, but Im not sure what type or how good it is.
      Asking price is $1200 (aud), I'm thinking that this is a bit overpriced now..

Comment

I agree very nice guitars I have owned 4 of them(I just like its cousin the Archtop Pro better).I have seen them go from $400-$700 US depending the condition it is in.The string throughs are harder to find and usually go for more.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Nope - it's a Japanese guitar, but those have a great reputation. It does seem a little overpriced - 1000 AUD would be OK for me, so see if the seller will drop the price any.

Those Jackson bridges were made by Schaller who I believe are now used to manufacure the OFR - I have several and they're great.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Is that a set-neck joint do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
            Definitely, if you compare that neck joint with the joint on a USA neck thru you will see the neck thru scallops alot further down, though this has little heel, it still has some. Most set neck guitars have this unless its a set through which as far as fret access can be almost identical to a neck thru. Even though its set neck doesn't mean its not an awesomely built guitar. A good set neck can be just as good as a neck thru.

Thats definitely a 750xl (the logo, layout, archtop and neck joint are a dead giveaway).

Comment

Actually, even the neck-thoughs used to have that heel back in the day. The scalloped heel didn't appear on the soloists until later.

It's virtually impossible to tell if a solid color jackson/charvel is a set-neck or a neck-thru, because the joint looks the same. I have one neck-through (Model 6) and a set neck (750XL), and the neck joints are externally identical.

They're awesome guitars. I see this particular one also has a DiMarzio X2N in it.

Comment

I know its hard to tell from the pics, but does that look like Mahogany? I have three Mahogany guitars and they have a similar grain pattern; lots of tight little "dashed" lines..

Comment

Yes they are mahogany body. $1100AUS seems too much to me even with a dimazio in it, I paid $750AUS with a case for this one in very good condition. It now has bill lawrence PUPS and screams!

Comment

Wow thats gorgeous!

Comment

I just did the deal.. $900 with case. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Thanks for the help guys, I think I ended up getting a reasonable deal.
                      I'm so excited!! This will be my first (working) Charvel! Now I just gotta wait for it to get here..

Comment

well those are great guitars, they look awesome, but I never liked when they "Jacksonized" the Charvel brand and design. I mean, look at these guitars with the toothpaste logo, they are Jacksons. I wonder why they merged the names that much, the guitars had and should continue to have very different overall designs and identities.

I mean, if you want sharkfins, 24 frets, and a soloist body with emg's, that's a Jackson. not a Charvel.

I prefer my charvels rounded with dots and the guitar logo - classics. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I gotta agree with you there skorb; Charvel = dots, bolton & curves.
                          Before I found this one I was considering ordering an SL2H-MAH in Trans Red, so I basically see this guitar as the Jackson that I was always after!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats on the score! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The magenta metallic one I bought from Mike is my main player now. I've had EMGs in it, but now it sports a Duncan Distortion instead.

Comment

Wow are 750XL's going for that much now? Almost makes me wanna sell mine and make a make a 400% profit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              NOT..
                              Oh nice guitar btw. Congrats and play the crap out of it.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X