What model is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model is this?

What model is this? Made in 1990. Does it have a mid-boost? What pickups are in it?

Thanks.

Re: What model is this?

Looks like a 650 to me. And yeah it has the midboost it'd seem.

Comment

Charevl 650xl. I've got one, amazing guitars. Mid boost circuit with the Jackson pickups (J50/J200/J200 I believe). Poplar wings with a maple thru neck, rosewood fretboard, real mother of pear inlays, Schaller Floyd, bound neck and headstock. The quality is on par with the US Jacksons of the day. The only real difference was the rosewood fretboard.

I tore out the midboost in mine and have it wired up with Duncans, Distortion/Cool Rails/Hot Rails with individual volume knobs for each pickup and push/pull pots to split the middle and neck rails pups. It is a real screamer.

Comment

Yup, the successor to the old Model 6. It's essentially a Jackson soloist, but (like Travis mentioned) with a rosewood board and a different logo. The trem is non-recessed too (which is a big plus in my book), but it should also have a "pull-up route" under it.

Comment

I removed my midboost too and installed an on/off toggle. Mine also has EMG's and a D-tuna. Never have used the drop D thing too much.

Comment

Beautiful color, by the way.

I've a Jackson pro, the same guitar as yours but with an ebony fretoboard, I also like very much the midboost and the pickups, my suggestion is to leave it like it is...
            '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
            '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
            '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '92 Fender Strat scallop
            '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
            '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Working...
            X