Model 1/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1/2

What pickups came in these stock? I just picked up a nice Model 1 and am wondering what's in it

Re: Model 1/2

Jackson. I chucked the one in my Model 1 as soon as I recieved it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

They had the J-90C. A pretty good pickup, imo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Jackson. I chucked the one in my Model 1 as soon as I recieved it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, I hope you didn't really throw it out. They get $20-$30 bucks on Ebay easily [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

J90Cs are very decent pickups [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry about the OT,but is the 90C the one with bar magnets?
          '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
          '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
          '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '92 Fender Strat scallop
          '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
          '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Nope, the 90C has the traditional slug pole pieces under the cover (if it's still covered).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, I hope you didn't really throw it out. They get $20-$30 bucks on Ebay easily [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

J90Cs are very decent pickups [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Yea, I've got it in my guitar workbench parts bin. Thanks for the heads up.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I actually like the sound of the Model 1 pickup so far, think I'll keep it for now

Comment

my model 2's pickup kicks ass. it is the open coil version 1986 model. it sounds fuggin mean and razor sharp, just like it's supposed to.

it is as much the guitar as the rest of the guitar is. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I love the J-90C with a cover, with out the cover they can be a a little too edgey.But in some cases that sounds good too.If you can find a J-90 (alnico magnet)you could name your price.The J-90C in my 88 USA dinky is such a tone monster I can't bear to remove it.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

As far as stocks go, the J-90C is pretty badass. It sounds incredible with the mid-range booster.

Comment

I think the tone of the J-90C just kills. I like the tone so much I've been thinking of buying one to put in my Dinky.

Comment

My Predator still has its stock J-90C. I bought the guitar second hand and its previous owner(s) seemed to like the pickup too, hence they didn't swap it.

Comment

I just bought a 1988 Jackson strat (maple fretboard, custom graphics, reverse headstock, it's a dream!). The seller removed the original J-90C and put in a EMG81 instead but the J-90C was inlcuded withe the guitar when I bought it...maybe I should give that J-90C a try!

Richard: I notice that you're from Lexington, KY...I spent a year at an exchange student in Somerset, KY, that's fairly close to Lexington, right? Those were the days...

Comment

Somerset, KY is a bit further south from Lexington. I was there a year ago for a "hotrod" cruise night. Cool place.

I love the J90C in my Charvel Fusion Deluxe. I was getting a good "Bark at the Moon" Jake E. Lee tone with it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X