stock 750xl pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock 750xl pickups?

Anyone remember what the stock pickups in the 750xl were? I yanked a J50B out of the neck. The bridge pickup had no sticker, only the Charvel logo on the baseplate. I seem to remember hearing it was a J80 or a J80C. Anyone know for sure?

Re: stock 750xl pickups?

J50N - Neck
    J50BC - Bridge
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Hmm, then why would there have been a J50B in the neck? Someone must have swapped it in at one time.

Comment

My 750xl bridge pickup says "J-80C" :\

Good or crap?

Comment

Well,

Can someone clarify this?

That's the info I got on these beatiful axes though [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

<font color="aqua">I checked the 89 catalog and it doesn't mention which ones were installed....Todd??????? </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Well, I just got word that the pickups I took out were not the originals. So, without a meter, I guess there's no way to tell what the bridge pickup was.

Comment

The pickups in mine were the J50B and the J80C - and I'm pretty sure they are both Jackson stamped.

Comment

Was the J80C in the neck or bridge? I only ask because the J50B is a bridge pickup, but I had one of those in the neck position.

Comment

I think they were J-95's actually. I have to pull mine and check.

Comment

Yup, the J80C was at the bridge, and the J50B at the neck. I can't say for sure that this was the original config though. You'd have to ask Mike (Model88), who I bought it from. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But the pickups were both wired up for coil splittage via a Jackson super 5-way.

Comment

It is that config, (J50C bridge, J50B neck) I just pulled mine and they are all orig. I bought my 750 new in early 90's.

Comment

So it seems that there might have been multiple pickup sets in the 750xl. Within one year, they changed the trem route, the pickup rings, the knob route, and now quite possibly the pickups. Damn.

Comment

Just pulled mine today. J80c in the bridge, J50B in the neck. Pretty sure mine is all original from '89. I always assumed it had a J80 in both positions after reading threads from a couple of years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe we should add this to the 750XL Information Thread & get people to post up what they have in relation to year/sn. We might figure out if there was a change at a particular point.

Comment

serial C906XXX

Comment

Working...
                              X