Family Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Pic

Well, I'm not a collector - I buy guitars to play them, so I don't have many. My crusty Flying V and my old beat-to-shit Vantage aren't featured though - these are all the playable instruments. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

From left to right: Magenta 750 XL with Duncan Distorion at the bridge, Model 6 with EMG 85/S, Troubadour Lionheart (Irish Bouzouki), and finally my old violin. =)

At the moment it's actually the Bouzouki that gets the most playing time. =)

Re: Family Pic

Very nice. The 750 and M6 are great guitars. You've done well, my friend.

Comment

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Yeah, I felt right at home with them both the very moment I got them. I'm very happy with the current collection. =)

Comment

<font color="aqua">VERY nice 'bane, they're beautiful. As for the Bouzouki, is that like a long scaled Mandolin (same tuning as the violin?)? </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          <font color="aqua">VERY nice 'bane, they're beautiful. As for the Bouzouki, is that like a long scaled Mandolin (same tuning as the violin?)? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
          That's correct Sir! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          A bouzouki and an "octave mandolin" is essentially the same thing, but the bouzouki can have a variety of different tunings. The Irish tunings are often a bit special, but I use the violin/mandolin tuning (but one octave lower), since I'm already used to it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            That's correct Sir! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            A bouzouki and an "octave mandolin" is essentially the same thing, but the bouzouki can have a variety of different tunings. The Irish tunings are often a bit special, but I use the violin/mandolin tuning (but one octave lower), since I'm already used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Ahhh! Thank you, I'm actually thinking of building one of these. Again, great collection - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

The Irish axe is classy. Looks like something you'd play for a princess under her castle window. But of course we all know, a true princess loves to get swept away by a Charvel [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

aah another violinist who plays guitar - i haven't come across many like myself even tho the two are very interchangeable [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I figure there aren't too many fiddlers around these parts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm classically schooled on the violin, but I prefer to play some down-and-dirty folk music with it. =)

[ QUOTE ]
                  The Irish axe is classy. Looks like something you'd play for a princess under her castle window. But of course we all know, a true princess loves to get swept away by a Charvel [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That is so true! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X