Identify / Verify Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify / Verify Price?

I think I found a decent guitar. It is a Charvel, with the JT6 trem on it, one humbucker and two single coils with a 5way switch. The neck is a bolt on and the fretboard has dot inlays. What model is this?

Looking into the future, when I am in a better financial situation, I would like to mod it a bit. If I read some other threads correctly, it is my understanding that I can directly replace the JT6 with an OFR without heavy mods?

Can the neck be replaced with a standard strat neck?

Also, I am paying $165 (shipped) for the guitar. Is this a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Identify / Verify Price?

Sounds like a Model 3 from '87 or '88. Good price if it's in good shape. These have a 2 1/4" neck pocket & most strat necks you'll find will be 2 3/16" at the heel, so you would have to do a little shimming to get a good fit & string alignment, but quite a few people have done it. An OFR should drop right in with no problem. Occasionally, people have to remove a little wood at the bottom edge of the rout for the trem arm socket to clear, but it seems like more people have mentioned having to do this on USA Jacksons when making the switch.

Comment

Re: Identify / Verify Price?

Cool, it looks pretty good from the pics. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X