my Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my Charvels

This is my Model 5FX. This guitar is something extra special to me.

When I joined the Army back in the early 90's, I had just had my daughter and I was a pvt E-1 (no pay basically LOL). I had to pawn off my only guitar. My Model 5FX firecrackle.

In 2001 just before I deployed to the Middle East (Afghanistan 2 months, Quatar 1 month, Saudi Arabia 3 months, and Kuwait 1 month....I guess the Army was short EOD techs over there because they didn't keep any of us in the same location for very long.. I didn't mind it though...in some places I was living like a king LOL).

Anyways, just before I left, my wife was looking on Ebay and she remembered Charvel was the name of the guitar. She looked and found this one by chance and went ahead and bought it. Lo and Behold, it is the same guitar I had pawned off years earlier in Kentucky. The location of the seller when she bought it back was in Colorado...it might have been Carr Guitars I think.

Well I got it back. I had the serial number written down from before I pawned it off and they matched. It was good to get her back and to have something to bring over with me to the desert.

This next one was a basket case Model 3 (1986 with a Kahler ...steeler I think?...trem).

When I got it it was fire engine red with a ummm....red and white checkered ...think tablecloth LOL...pickguard.

I sanded the whole thing down and painted it a cool blue...and it looked KILLER!!!!..until I decided to put one more coat on it and that one orange peeled ...DAMN IT!!!!...

So I sanded the entire thing down again and stained it with Minwax stain (I don't remember the color) and painted then urethaned the pickguard black. THa came out COOL as hell!!

It's a great player and I like playing it because I had so many hours into it..it just feels like it's "mine" yanno?

This last one is the CSM-1G. I don't know why I bought this one when I did, but I sure am glad that I did!!

For real cheap money, I got a killer player LOL (even if the headstock makes ya shake yer head and say "what the hell were they thinking??!!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It is fun to play. It balances just right and the neck is a joy to play on. Also it is my only vintage trem guitar (a cool feature nowadays LOL). When used like it's supposed to be, no divebombs or insane pulls, it delivers a sweet "warble" and sweet soft pitch changes. I like this one a lot!!

I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: my Charvels

The story of your Model 5FX is amazing! And the guitar looks great too.

If I could get one in white... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

It's funny how some things just work out isn't it.

I've seen two or three on Ebay that were white within the past 6 months. One of them was a Model 5A though (that's just a single J-95 humbucker at the bridge and no neck pickup .....screamin guitar.

What I'd like to get is a Model 4 firecrackle, a Model 5A firecrackle (I don't think they made the Model 5 in firecrackle), and a Model 6 firecrackle to have the complete set!! That would rock!
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Great story! Nice Charvies too!

Comment

I like the Model 5FX, I saw a black cherry one in a shop some years ago and wanted, exact same pickup config, too, that's really why I wanted it!

Comment

wow, can't beat being reunited with a great guitar! good show!
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It's funny how some things just work out isn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Isn't it though?? You have a great group there and you already know how I feel about firecrackles...lol! Congrats too you sir! - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice guitars bro!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

......If you really want to see budman freak out, show him a neon pink firecrackle job!! He'll be your SLAVE!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] man, you have no idea what I missed on ebay about a year ago, I couldn't afford it at the time and just friggin died when it sold.......

</font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Now that's just gorgeous!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Nice!

How much did it go for?

Comment

Working...
                      X