Bought a Model 1 Charvel and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Model 1 Charvel and a question

Can't wait to get it, I'm going to post pics when I do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The guy said it is mint so I took the chance of getting it. It was only 180 bucks so I took the chance. Comes with a case too!

My question now is, I might get a Warmoth short scale neck, do you guys think this will not work? I don't want to risk it.

Re: Bought a Model 1 Charvel and a question

From what I've heard, no. The intonation will be off.

Comment

damn, oh well..

Guess I'll just get a regular one then.

Thanks

Comment

I'm curious, why are you replacing the neck, is there an issue with it?
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I want to make a Old school Charvel Strathead guitar, but I will see how it feels first.

Comment

Check your PM.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

You should be able to get a Warmoth short scale coversion neck.

Comment

The heel is where you may have an issue with the warmoth neck mating with the charvel body.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The heel is where you may have an issue with the warmoth neck mating with the charvel body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying this for all Warmoth necks or just the ones that are 24.75?

I've seen plenty of Model series bodies with stratheads on here. Maybe I'm loco.

Can anyone who did this mod chime in? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Warmoth necks are made from Fender specs. Which, if I remember correctly, the heels are narrower than the heels of Charvel necks. I believe that you'll definitely need a shim.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

I see, I wish I could see what people did with theirs so I can get a better idea.

Comment

Tekky is correct...you may have some gap, and thus, the need to shim.

Comment

I have a strat spec neck on a model 3 body right now and I didnt use any shims. There is just a slight space on the one side, big enough to slide a matchbook cover in. I also have a Jackson RR body with a replacement non Jackson neck on it that has this slight space on both sides. Its not really a big issue unless you are crazy about a really tight fitting neck pocket.

Comment

Thanks I see it now. Does the End of the Neck that slip into the pocket align right? how do I make sure the neck isn't too much to the right or left?
                            Thanks!

Comment

The neck bottoms out in the pocket just fine. No gaps by the pickguard at all, except for what was already there because the model necks are 22 fret and have an overhang that covers this and I used a 21 fret neck. If the neck is predrilled then the screw holes will line up and keep the neck in the right position. Install the upper and lower e string to allign the neck in the center. This might be a bit more difficult with a neck that is not pre drilled but still not that big a deal. Will warmoth pre drill it for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X