• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bought a Model 1 Charvel and a question

I hope they will!

Comment

Just remember that the model series necks use the fatter style screws and the holes in the body are drilled accordingly. So, if the new neck will use the skinnier screws you will have some play for neck movement when the screws are not tight. If the neck comes with tiny pilot holes and you will use the fatter screws you might want to be careful as not to split the neck heel.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Will warmoth pre drill it for you?

[/ QUOTE ]
        IIRC all Warmoth necks are pre-drilled. you can specify that they not do that if you like, but I think they all come drilled if you don't specify.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Just remember that the model series necks use the fatter style screws and the holes in the body are drilled accordingly. So, if the new neck will use the skinnier screws you will have some play for neck movement when the screws are not tight. If the neck comes with tiny pilot holes and you will use the fatter screws you might want to be careful as not to split the neck heel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the plate screws from my fender so I don't think that can be a issue right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the plate screws from my fender so I don't think that can be a issue right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the plate and screws from a Fender you will be OK as far as the 1/8" pilot holes in a Warmoth neck. You can also use a piece of window screen cut to fit (aluminum stuff, not plastic) for grip in the bottom of the pocket it you have to much side to side movement of the neck. For neck alignment, put your "E" strings on at low tension and "eyeball it" for straightness by looking at the string to edge of the fretboard before you tighten the screws down. Some people like to measure the string distance to the edge of the neck on each side, but I just sight it and go from there.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
            X