Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever replaced a model 1a's pickguard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever replaced a model 1a's pickguard?

I'd like to get a single hum or hum/slanted single pickguard for my model 1a project. I heard that standard 8 holes Strat pickguards fit, except for one hole? Also, do model 1a have the same pickguard hole pattern as model 3a?

Re: Anyone ever replaced a model 1a\'s pickguard?

Yes I have on a couple.

as was this

did on a couple model 3's as well.

Go to pickguards.com. They will make whatever you want. If you want teh exact same hole line ups then you'll need to send a trace of it. Since in my case I was refinishing the hole patterns didnt matter.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Alright. I think I'll do just that. Thanks!

Comment

Shawn were those both Model 3A's? Or was one a Model 1 at one time? Did you have to route the wood for the humbuckers and how did you get a white headstock on a Model 1 or 3 for that matter?

Comment

Also did you part out a Model 3DR just to use that reversed headstock Rosewood neck on a Model 1/3? Hmmmm.

Comment

Wow...90 (ninety...) POUNDS for the pickguard. I believe that's around 150 dollars? That's if I ask a local guitar tech to do it. I'd try pickguards.com but I live in Europe, and sending the template and wait for it would be quite annoying. However in last resort I may just do that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Yes I have on a couple.

as was this

did on a couple model 3's as well.

Go to pickguards.com. They will make whatever you want. If you want teh exact same hole line ups then you'll need to send a trace of it. Since in my case I was refinishing the hole patterns didnt matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the pickup rings on a pickguard?

Comment

Would anyone know whether a USA or MIM Strat pickguard would be able to fit most holes and cover others, if I then enlarge the neck pocket? That would diminish the price by about 70 pounds [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X