X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repainting/refinishing model 6 and replacing parts

hello all.
    i have a few questions here.
    i'm sending my '87 charvel model 6 which is very dinged up, and it's black which i dislike.
    which colours you think especially fit that kind of guitar? i actually need those colours which are not that rare to find... because i don't know what i'll be able to obtain here.
    anyways, another thing. i just purchased an original floyd rose, to replace the jackson rep.. i hope it'll fit there!
    one last thing... i need two things to complete my guitar... first, the charvel headstock, i have half of it peeled off... i mean the part where "charvel" is written.. it's not painted on the headstock, it's a little 3mm piece of plastic which is glued or something. is there any way to get a hold of something like this, to replace my old one?
    and to complete my guitar as new, those jackson pickup covers (s/s/h) is there any way to get them now? probably the pickups are the same size as the usa soloist, am i correct? if so, there must be a way to purchase those...
    i'd appreciate any help.. thanks a bunch!

Re: repainting/refinishing model 6 and replacing p

The OFR will fit there just fine I should think.. a lot of people put them on Model 6s.. somebody else will chime in to help you with the rest soon I'm sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

What color would fit that kind of guitar??? Simple answer: any color under the sun. Colors/graphics and guitars are more about the owner's taste, not the type of guitar.

As far as getting parts, you definitely need to use eBay.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        which colours you think especially fit that kind of guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]
        Pretty much anything...except puke green and pig pink. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Mine used to be snow white pearl I think...but the clear has yellowed over the years, so it is bone white now. I had a refinish in mind for it when I bought it, but I really fell in love with the aged finish.

[ QUOTE ]
        anyways, another thing. i just purchased an original floyd rose, to replace the jackson rep.. i hope it'll fit there!

[/ QUOTE ]
        I have one on mine, and it fits just fine. My guitar has had the post bushing holes filled though, and Floyd wood screws installed in their place. If you're going to replace the posts, you will probably need to dowel the holes and redrill them for the Floyd post bushings. Another difficult part is the Floyd nut conversion, but you could probably also just keep on using the JT-6 string lock.

[ QUOTE ]
        the charvel headstock, i have half of it peeled off... i mean the part where "charvel" is written.. it's not painted on the headstock, it's a little 3mm piece of plastic which is glued or something. is there any way to get a hold of something like this, to replace my old one?

[/ QUOTE ]
        I really have no idea, but you could probably have a charvel logo decal made, and spray clearcoat over it? Or maybe glue the original headstock face back on the guitar?

[ QUOTE ]
        and to complete my guitar as new, those jackson pickup covers (s/s/h) is there any way to get them now? probably the pickups are the same size as the usa soloist, am i correct? if so, there must be a way to purchase those...

[/ QUOTE ]
        The pickups themselves are the same size, but Jackson haven't been using those pickup covers (and oversize pickup rings) for many years now.

Comment

Working...
        X