Need to Identify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Identify

I keep looking at a Charvel at a local music shop. It's a Lefty, pointy head with dots and guitar logo, HSS with a JT6 Trem. It has a 5 way switch, but I can't remember if it has 2 or 3 knobs. No pickguard.

Anyway, I love the neck and I've curious if it's worth picking up to make something with the neck. So I'm wondering if anyone knows what model it would be. Thanks!

Trevor

Re: Need to Identify

Model 3? Is it a bolt on neck?

Comment

It's a '88 Model 3L.

Just for kicks and giggles, going by where Carbuff's line of questioning is going, if it were a neck-tru, it wouldn't have dot inlay nor a (5-way) blade switch. The Model 6 has sharkfins and 3 toggle switches. In essence, the Model 6 is a Model 4 with a bolt on neck, soloist body, and two extra frets.

Not to point point out any flaws in Carbuff's questioning. Asking for details is always the best thing to do, however in this case, Pinto gave enough for a positive ID.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

So, is it worth $249 Canadian?

I'll broker a deal if any Lefty's want a Model 3L... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Right, I said model 3. But I dont get this one. "In essence, the Model 6 is a Model 4 with a bolt on neck, soloist body, and two extra frets." I think you meant to say something else, I think I know what it was. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You lost me.

About the Model 3, you were right, but you didn't seem confident on it.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I think the statement"In essence, the Model 6 is a Model 4 with a bolt on neck, soloist body, and two extra frets." should have read "In essence, the Model 6 is a Model 4 with a through neck, soloist body, and two extra frets." cuz a model 4 is a bolt on and a model 6 is neck through, but Im sure thats what you meant, tis all. Does 3L basically denote the HSS no pickguard configuration? Thats the first time Ive heard of the L model.

Comment

Sorry, holiday stress, my mistake.

The Model 3L is just a left-handed Model 3 exact in all other aspects. It was only made in 1988, therefore, no awkward growing period with a pickguard or Kahler.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Lefty here interested... PM me.

thanks,

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Oh, yeah, L for lefty. Wow, if it was any more obvious it would have bit me on the nose. LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X