This is odd...at least to me....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is odd...at least to me....?

Can you guy take a look at this and tell me WTF this is ?

[image][/image]

I'll pick it up if it's a good one. Has they same trem as a 750XL. Thanks in advance.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: This is odd...at least to me....?

It's one of the Japan only imports or it's a modified Model 3DR. It doesn't fall in line with any of the Model series listed in catalogs.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      It's one of the Japan only imports or it's a modified Model 3DR. It doesn't fall in line with any of the Model series listed in catalogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tek, what do you think's a fair price for it ? It looks like it's in great shape and I like it the more I look at it. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a pic of the rear, not a 3DR body, so then what. It does look to be excellent though !
        [image][/image]

Comment

Well, I'd say it's one of the overseas-only imports. That's all I can tell you about it.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Seeing as it has a Charvel backplate, do you have any idea of date of manufacture ?

Comment

Does it have an address on the plate or just the Charvel name. Like, is it a Ft. Worth plate?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Does it have an address on the plate or just the Charvel name. Like, is it a Ft. Worth plate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like just Charvel on the plate, not your average Ft. Worth plate. I found this guitar on the other side of the world so I haven't exactly held it yet, but I like what I see, so I'll persue it.

Comment

Just a guess, but a Model 4/475/Dlx with a Model 7 neck?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Model 4/475/Dlx had an H/S/S pickup arrangement and the Model 7 had a maple fretboard. The Model 88 is the only import Charvel I know of that had a reverse headstock and sharks. The Model 3 was the only bolt on that I know of with an H/H pickup route, not counting the Fusion. But that looks more like a Dinky body to me. I'm going to go with a Japan only model.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's from the Japan only market as well as you see the reverse fins and headstocks on a lot of the 89 Models:

</font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Looks like the DK-085-HH to me. The black and yellow crackle doesn't look to be one of the finish options in that catalog shot. But stranger things have happened.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Just a guess, but a Model 4/475/Dlx with a Model 7 neck?

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Not to pick on you, but that's a pretty bad guess.

1) The model 4 is a HSS config strat body with three knobs and three toggle switches.
                          2) The 475DLX is a HSS config dinky body with three knobs and one blade switch.
                          3) the Model 7 necks had maple fretboards and dot inlays. Even the Legend necks which were either maple or rosewood had dot inlays.

Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Looks like the DK-085-HH to me. The black and yellow crackle doesn't look to be one of the finish options in that catalog shot. But stranger things have happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah, but then again the DK-080-SH is shown in Blue Crackle but that's not listed !! Go figure !

I'm gonna get it, it looks like it'll play great seeing as I loved my 3DR's and I love those pickups on this one, with the trem from the 750. It seems to have it all !!

Thanks Dave !! You are simply the man !!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Isn't the DK-080-SH pictured in the catalog listed as BLC - BLue Crackle? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X