$125 pawn shop score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $125 pawn shop score

Just grabbed a Charvel tele from the local ps. Its a creme color with a tele style bridge, two singles, 3-way, volume and tone. Also has a 22 fret maple reverse headstock neck. I had decided to buy it when I saw the price, but then I was really hooked when I played it, wow! When I figure out the pic thing, I'll post some.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Re: $125 pawn shop score

Model 7 or Legend? The Model 7 has the guitar shaped logo and the Legend has the toothpaste logo. Sounds like a great score and also sounds like I need to frequent pawn shops more often.

Comment

wow, if that is indeed a Model 7 then you got an amazing deal on a kickass guitar! I don't know anything about the Legend model but I'm sure that one's good too.

out here in CA none of the pawn shops have anything like that for such a low price, they all think they are going to retire millionaires by terribly overcharging for junk-ass used crappy guitars and amps. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Skorb - The Legend and the Model 7 are the same guitar. Just made in different eras in Charvel's history.

BTW - Nice score! I'm hoping to snag a few more myself.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

pawn shops downhere wilm ,nc, have nothing but overpriced junk ...congrats on your score
          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Someday I will have a Model 7 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like a nice score. Can't wait to see the pics. One of these days I'm hoping to grab a model 7 too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Someday I will have a Model 7 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You coulda had one but all you wanted was the neck [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Travis, thanks for answering my first question...I guess it'd be a model 7. It has this really cool custom electronics cavity cover...its made of cardboard! Somebody here makes em I think...Budman? Can't remember. Anywho, pics to follow.
                  I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I really want to get some pics on here. Its got a couple blemishes...the body looks good, but has a couple chips. The fretboard has been PLAYED. I think it could be refinished or something, but man it plays nice. Very loud unplugged too, I think its the new acoustic I've been wanting. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Look in the non J/C section for Number of the Priest's tutorial on posting pictures.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks Tekky [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Somebody here makes em I think...Budman? Can't remember. Anywho, pics to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your are correct. Budman made the trem spring cover for my Model 2, and it fits it like a glove. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

trying the pic thing...
                            http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...guitars003.jpg
                            http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...guitars002.jpg
                            http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...guitars001.jpg

Comment

Now that I got that figured out, head over to the import Jackson section and check out my freshly painted Dinky Reverse.

Comment

Working...
                              X