$125 pawn shop score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $125 pawn shop score

fuck, from your pics, for $125 that is a lot of guitar, despite the "relic" condition it's in. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] those guitars take a beating and keep on sounding great.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Skorb - The Legend and the Model 7 are the same guitar. Just made in different eras in Charvel's history.

[/ QUOTE ]
      thanks for the clarification.
      for my taste that toothpaste logo on those later guitars does nothing for me, but that's just me. I hear people rave about those just like the Models.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Leave it like it is.It looks well played so you know its a good guitar.Model 7 is what it is.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention it came with a chainsaw case that is almost mint. Just kidding, it DID come with a hs case but its one of those cheapies that are shaped like a guitar.
          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

That is more than worth the 125 you paid for it.. Congrats on that score!

Comment

Thanks guys, a few years ago, another local shop had a strat the same color, with 3 singles (replaced with hotrails)and a pickguard. $99. I went home, got to thinking about it, thought, hell the pu's are worth that much. Went back to get it and it was gone. Saw it again in another shop a yr later and had no fundage! Now I'll be grabbing every one I see! Found a JDR 94 concept yesterday, but I thought $299 was kinda steep.
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

quad was the strat selling for $99 still a year later in another shop or did they realize that Seymour Duncans are not stock equipment on most strats?

Comment

They must have realized it, because they were wanting a little more, I think it was like $200. It was a Model series also. What model would that have been? Pickguard was black, maple neck. Hardtail if i recall.

Comment

Sounds like a Model 1A but those had a vintage trem.

Comment

It might've been a v-trem, I can't remember, I just keep hoping it turns back up. You know, what's funny is I remember hanging out in the local ms when the model series came out. I was a teenager and it was the middle of the eighties. They got one of these model 7's and I thought it was the goofiest guitar I had ever seen. Reverse headstock on a country guitar??? It's kinda cool now. What's really funny, is this is not a real big town, and I probably own that very same guitar! Wouldn't that be freaky? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Great buy, I love hitting the pawn shops looking for J/C guitars. Because of this forum, We can have way more knowledge than the pawn shop owners. I'm going to have to get one of those, I really like teles, I would leave it looking like it does, gives it character.
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                        X